R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed6 gallon water tank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 gallon water tank
    Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:31am
The 6 gallons are your water heater. It is not a reserve. You are right to be concerned about it, but the anode rod is the least of your worries. It won't get ruined from being dry. What will happen though is if you have the electric part turned on and the water level drops, the element will almost immediately burn out. It can be replaced, but avoiding the problem is better.

What will happen is that the pump will start to pull air instead of water and you will hear and see those bubbles and spurting when you turn on a faucet. Those bubbles will go through the water heater tank but it takes water coming in for hot water to be pushed out.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:21am
If the 30 gallon fresh water tank is empty, and more water is needed, does the 6 gallon tank remain as a reserve or does the 6 gallon water tank then empty? 

If it can be largely emptied, I should think that there is a real possibility of then accidentally ruining the anode. 

(I carry a reserve water container and it hasn't happened to me, but sometimes I run pretty low on water)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12