R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2019 R-pod No DVD - Event Date: 21 Jun 2019 - 20 Aug 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2019 R-pod No DVD
    Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 7:02am
I just ordered a 2019 RP 176. After looking at the entertainment setup for all 2019's, I see they no longer provide A DVD player with the new Furrion AM/FM radio. 
This is very disappointing because we always enjoyed a movie before bedtime in our previous R-pod. I know it is early, but has anyone installed a DVD player in thier new RP 176. If so, what brand and where did you place it.
I am very upset that the manufacturer has chose to eliminate this important item to save a few bucks.
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

James Fredericktown, MO 2019 RP 176. Previous RP 180. TV Toyota Highlander. 19 MPG while towing.
john in idaho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:36am
I think DVD players are going away.  New cars don't have them either.  One is supposed to use their iPhone.  We have books on DVD's to listen to when driving.  The portable DVD players are not very good, and require batteries or yet another dangling cord from the console.  Rather disappointing.
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:46am
i also looked for quite a while for the player or slot for the dvd on my new 2019 190.  nothing there.  there most likely is a separate thread on this, but what does everyone do to get tv reception without spending a fortune.  i have direct tv at home.
2019 RPOD 190
2017 Chev Colorado 4 X 4
Yellow Lab and English Springer Spaniel
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:12am
Unfortunately, TV reception is a factor of available television broadcast channels and adequate signal strength for the antenna to receive. Places closer to major cities usually have adequate reception. Places far away from major cities have few, if any, channels available. This is regardless of whether one has the old batwing antenna (or the antenna I installed to replace it when it broke) or the one that can be aimed.

One can carry a satellite dish and receiver for DirectTV, or carry cable if the RV park at which one is staying has cable available, or just carry movies to watch, either from the older Jensen DVD unit or by separate device if one has the newer Furrion unit.

In Tempe, we had a lot of stations. At West Yellowstone, we had one station, but it was not viewable as it was too fringe for adequate reception.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Awchief View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:30am
I have a small profile BluRay player that is plug and play directly to the TV. Easily stores out of the way when not being used. 
Michael
fognet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:30am
Thanks for the info. I have Direct TV but need to use a power inserted with my Winegard G2 antenna. Direct tv does not get HD when using the G2. I will be going back to Dish when contract expires. With a Dish Wally reciever and the G2 antenna.i just plug it in The G2 automatically finds the Satellite and I am watching HD TV. Direct TV is a hassle. 

James Fredericktown, MO 2019 RP 176. Previous RP 180. TV Toyota Highlander. 19 MPG while towing.
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 3:10pm
We bought a 32" TV with DVD player from Walmart for our 190.  Moved the factory TV to the bedroom and hung the new TV in the dining area.  

Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Awchief

I have a small profile BluRay player that is plug and play directly to the TV. 

I'm looking for this capability, but don't know what models 'work'. 

In ignorance, I assumed I needed to use the harness of the Jensen (now defunct), which is very complicated. 

Plugging directly into the tv will meet my need, I assume that this bypasses the Jensen harness to the speakers(?). 

Can you give us the model's manufacturer/name?
fognet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:50pm
Thanks for the input. I hope I can find DVD small enough to fit in the front of the TV. Is there any 2019 176 pod owners that can comment on how they like the new pod?

Ephi82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 8:09am
I have a new 179. I bought a very small, compact Sony Blu Ray (approx 6"x4" x 1.5") that is stored in the top drawer when not in use.  I configured the wiring so I can play both the tv and DVD/blu Ray sound through the main system speakers.  Obviously it can also play cd's   

It cost $58

When I have a few minutes I plan to install and wire it so that it sits on the floor of the "closet" . 
Grillin and Chillin
Glamping and Amping
Driving and Smiling
 Post Reply Post Reply