Topic ClosedNew 2019 189

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 2019 189
    Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:05am
I have had the new 2019 189 home for a few  days now. Busy outfitting her to my taste with plans for a short shake down trip next week. The tech did a masterful job prepping the trailer for delivery. We spent 2.5 hours going over the entire trailer. We operated every mechanical system and explored inside and out. He was very patient with my questions giving me all the time I needed to feel comfortable with the new trailer. Before my arrival he recaulked the entire roof paying particular attention to side/top joints and all vents. He also replaced the defective  hot water heater.  I did find a couple of minor issues during our inspection. By the time I came back to the trailer from completing the paperwork and officially taking delivery he had corrected both issues. I have started my nit-pick list. So far only one issue. The door is hard to close. It does seem to be loosening  up. Guessing it might be caused by the friction hinge system used. Waiting for my Andersen weight distribution system to arrive Monday so towed  her home 80 miles on the ball with no WD/SC. Thunder storms most of the trip made for an interesting drive. I did experience minor sway a couple of time when large trucks blew by. The Andersen will fix that and give me the small amount of WD that is needed. Hats off to the crew at White Sands RV in Summerville, AL for their professionalism and in-depth PDI prior to my arriving and taking delivery.
Michael
mford4 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:48am
Welcome to the group.  We recently took pocession of a barely used 2017.5 180 and are finally taking our first trip with it this weekend.  Sounds like you have great support in your dealer!

Marlene & David
Adventure is our game!
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 2:00pm
Welcome to the group!! Congrats on your 189!!  
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply