R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSway bars?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sway bars?
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:40pm
Just returned from a trip that went from Denver to Utah and back and did all the I-70 mtn passes with ease. Had our 178 with a full tank of water and yes, that tank behind the axle does introduce sway, but did not find it too troubling. Our truck is a 2015 Chevy Colorado Z71 with tow package. Total Gross Vehicle Capacity is 12K. Truck and 178HRE ~8k, so I am ~66% of total capacity. Slowing down from 65 to 62 mpg had a big impact sway and was important to make easy driving. Speed is significant in the matter.

I also found moving some trailer cargo weight ~100lb, forward helped. The weight of the 36 gal water is ~300lbs, not a lot in the grand scheme so I believe it to be a issue of weight balance. I would recommend practice and playing with tongue weight as I found it affects driving performance.  

Bob
2015 Chevy Colorado Z71
2018 178 R-pod Hood River Edition
Marchhall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:41am
I have sway/WDH system and tows like a dream with a V6 Sorento. I average 17 mpg towing unless in mountains. It's really effortless to tow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234