R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2017.5 R Pod 179 Kitchen Drawers - Event Date: 05 Aug 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2017.5 R Pod 179 Kitchen Drawers
    Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:57am
Hello! I'd lime to take out the drawers to check the plumbing. After de-winterize I was try to peak in there and saw some pink antifreeze xfopz on the floor. No water, but I'd like to check! And, as always, I'd rather not break anything when removing! Thanks in advance!
Dave
D&D plus Rusty
2017.5 R-pod 179
Dave & Donna View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:01pm
FYI, Cell phone & auto correct and I don't work well together!!
I'll LIKE to take out the drawers & I saw some pink antifreeze SPOTS!!
Dave
D&D plus Rusty
2017.5 R-pod 179
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:06pm
Okay. Did you get the drawers out or did you just peek through the openings?
To remove, pull the drawer out as far as you can. You will see a little black lever on each side. One presses up and the other down to release the drawer from the slide (I don't remember which, just try it). Then you can finish removing the drawer. To replace, line up the tracks and slide in carefully until the retainers catch and lock it back in place. It is easier to hold the drawer and move the sliding track over the part that is attached to the drawer than to try to slide the drawer into the track on both sides.

Once you have access, check the tightness of the fittings on the faucets. I suspect one of them may be loose enough that it allowed a little leakage. While you are at it, check the drain fittings.

One other place you should check is to remove the panel inside the kitchen cabinet nearest the refrigerator (top panel only). Behind it are the connections for the outside shower as well as the power connector. On mine, the lines were just bent over to connect and there was leakage there. I got a couple of elbows and now the water lines run up to the elbows and do not bend. Please be careful and have the shore power disconnected while you are working in that area. Replace the panel when finished.

Other places to check are the shower drain and the bathroom sink faucet and drain connections. I learned this because on our very first trip, the kitchen drain connection was loose and water ran into the drawers. It damaged two nearly new cookbooks we had in the middle drawer. Even though I was able to get them dried out, the pages are still wrinkled. Angry
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Dave & Donna View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:53pm
Thank you Stephen. I'll check them all!!

Dave
D&D plus Rusty
2017.5 R-pod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply