Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMore Drops?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Drops?
    Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:30pm

I stumbled across this and thought to pass it along, for your reading enjoyment.

http://www.elkharttruth.com/hometown/elkhart_county/winnebago-embarks-on-expansion/article_33f76d43-07b9-505e-b9a9-f87943b294ac.html

Something else, that I may have posted a while back:

http://www.elkharttruth.com/news/elkhart-county-commissioners-to-contribute-k-toward-attracting-workers-to/article_94afd8ae-eba3-5247-8bc5-50adb1ce342d.html

The whole RV industry is hot! I speculate that the manufacturers are being pulled at both ends. Retailers* screaming for product to put on their lots to sell and experiencing a big labor shortage while trying to fill orders.

* I have decided to stop calling sellers of RVs "Dealers". Instead, I think the term "Retailer" is more appropriate.

jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 4:51pm
If people are looking for the Winnie Drop they can head to Traverse City, MI and find a number of them in various colors waiting for buyers.  Red, blue, black ones were seen a couple weeks ago.  I still vote for the R-POD, ours has serviced us well since March 2011.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 5:34pm

Well.........there's the Champ.........and then there are those that wished they were the Champ!   

What I found interesting was that they are expanding capacity and feel that the market is going to remain strong enough in the foreseeable future to support the expansion. However, I don't know where they are going to find workers to build anything.

I don't know if they are going to build Drops there or not - just "towables"...perhaps a mix of products.

DavMar View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 11:19pm
That's great news for the people in the Elkhart area that really took it on the chin in the Great Rescission when all the manufacturing jobs in the RV industry crashed. Don't worry about finding workers because I am sure if Winnebago is going to pay a competitive wage and willing to hopefully work together with the unions for the benefit of the company and workers they will have no trouble finding and coaxing back former RV manufacturer workers. The stronger the RV industry is the better it is for all of us whether you have a Winnebago product or not.  
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
 Post Reply Post Reply