R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Replacing 177 3-way fridge with compressor fridge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReplacing 177 3-way fridge with compressor fridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing 177 3-way fridge with compressor fridge
    Posted: 01 May 2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Subzilla

Does better in the 179??  Don't think so....been frustrated with this from the very start.  I've already added the "2 fan kit" that can found on Ebay and other websites.  Put both of them right at the upper vent to exhaust the hot air.  Tested it a few weeks ago on our one camping trip but couldn't get conclusive results.  I think I was expecting a miracle.  The kit came with a temp sensor which kept them running most of the day and I could definitely feel the hot air.  

This website offers the baffle for $15 ( https://rvcoolingunit.com/Dometic-addon-Flow-Baffle-for-better-cooling-P2420508.aspx ) .  I just purchased a piece of thin sheet metal (roofing flashing) to make my own but haven't installed or tested it yet. 

Both these mods are interesting, indeed. Could you post a link as to where you found this two fan kit on ebay or other websites?

Thanks!
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 6:41pm
I think the consumption specs on the TruckFridges are supposed to be in watt-hours, not watts/hour. Watts/hour is a nonsensical measure because watts are already time dependent.

The 130 appears to be similar in size to the R-Pod fridges. Its consumption of 24 watt-hours works out to nearly 30 hours of runtime on a 115 AH battery when taken down to 50% capacity. That's not too bad.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:07am
Dave, that same link I posted has the 2 fan kit. Just do a search on the web or enay for "rv fridge 2 fan kit". Lots if results. Most of them include the heat sensor. Very easy install.
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123