R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-Pod Warranty Repairs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DavMar View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod Warranty Repairs
    Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Richand Cindy

Dave.  While it sounds as a no brainer not to turn away warranty work it is done quite often.  Some dealers hourly rates are higher than what FR will pay them.  So according to these dealers they lose money on warranty work.  But of course they want to keep their customers happy and do the work.  But for an outsider driving onto the lot and asking for warranty work there is a big risk they will be turned down and FR will say nothing to that dealer if he did not sell it.  My closest RPOD dealer said he will not do any warranty work because he has too much work for his own customers so I had to look elsewhere.  Also that is why many people report having to pay for warranty work.  They are paying the difference between what the dealer wants to charge and what FR will reimburse the dealer.  Keystone brand is worse, they pay dealers the least.  Just a fact of RV life.  So it is better to know in advance so one can decide if it is worth it to save money not buying locally

Rich,

I'm sure your right that there are some dealers that TRY their best to turn away warranty work...but there are some problems with that for the dealer not you!

First, you are covered by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which is a Federal law that applies in all States whether you are buying a car or an RV camper trailer. If the manufacture sells a product with a written warranty then they and their dealer’s must follow this law. You can get your Forest River product, ie R-Pod, serviced at ANY of their over 2400 Authorized Forest River Service Centers in the U.S. and Canada that perform warranty service by just calling in the U.S. 888-417-8299 or Canada 513-863-7000 to find your nearest service center. Since there are over 2400 service location that preform warranty work what do you want to bet your nearest Forest River R-Pod dealer is an authorized service location? If you take your R-Pod into an authorized service location and they do not preform the warranty work authorized by Forest River in a reasonable time again call Forest River about your problem and I’d be very surprised if this dealer continues to delay working on your R-Pod. Because this action by the dealer can not only be a violation of the Magnuson-Moss act but also applicable State warranty and Lemon laws in the State your camper is licensed. Remember these manufactures and especially their dealers don’t want or need pissed of consumers who are contacting Federal and State regulators and worse spreading complains against such all over the internet. As for a dealer not wanting to do a warranty repair to a RV or what ever because they are not being reimbursed by the manufacture of the product they sell for as much as they charge for non-warranty work. Then all I and the Law have to say about that is too bad that is NOT the consumer, your, problem period!

Now I am sure there are R-Pod dealers that will tell you that they will not preform warranty service your camper that you need to take it back to where you bought it from for this warranty work. These same unscrupulous dealers are counting on you first not knowing the laws and second not calling Forest River to make sure they are an authorized warranty repair shop. I will bet if your local dealer is selling lots of R-Pods and other Forest River products they are an authorized service center and if in doubt just a quick phone call to Forest River can confirm. Now as to why your local dealer is selling a camper two or three thousand of dollars more then what you can buy from a distant dealer. It’s all a matter of the dealership owner business practices of either selling a few and maximizing mark up prices or selling many campers and there for lowering the mark up profit they make on each sale. Most dealer will not negotiate the sales price much if at all and why is that? It's because they don’t expect you to dive three hours much less three states away to buy a camper! They also have no problem lying to you if you buy elsewhere you can’t get warranty service here even though they are an authorized Forest River service center because they never think you’ll check it out.  Star 

Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123