R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLily is home!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lily is home!
    Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:14pm
We are so excited to finally have her here! 

31/2hrs at the Dealership, ya I'm a pain in the butt when purchasing something.. But I want what I bought and working as stated. They were great!

I have a very easy ride home, so I was disappointed to see the two rosettes on the slide out fell off. One pin nail and no glue.. Wonder why? Easy fix, but really??

My twin 6v batteries were no issue, yet the box was. It's just too tight an area for the box I bought. Found my first mod. New battery box.

Forest River would not spring for the 'inside' TV mount. Really wanted inside not in the garage, yet I'll work with this issue (besides, I want something bigger).

What really surprised me is once I had it home the floor was covered with dust debris! The Dealership vac'ed all the exposed areas (very pleased), but that entertament console has an opening at the bottom that seems to be filled with debris. Really? Why would you not cleanup behind your work? Especially around electronic's...
Stuck the vac hose up there, tomorrow the face plate comes off and a good cleaning happens.

BT'ed on my phone worked nicely. I also knew my Oontz speaker would be better than the onboard speakers but worked well.  Heard this could be an issue, but not for me. Works well. USB ports (all 2 of them.. wish thee was more) as well worked off battery power.
Also found a good spot for another of my intended Mods for DC outlet as well as my inverter 110 outlet. I'll talk about this in another post as I work through it.

Great to have Lily here! Now I can work through what I think, as to what is there, and what I need to do to make her ours!

She's home!

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 5:19pm

Congratulations! Let the fun begin.

The sawdust and small bits of construction debris are "normal", with most anyone's RV brand. Each time you take a trip, a little more will find it's way out from it's hiding place. In time, you'll eventually get it all.

Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:10pm
congrats!!  
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Olddawgsrule

We are so excited to finally have her here! ... She's home!

Congratulations, very happy for you!!!
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
onazip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:56pm
Congrats!  Curious, how did the Tacoma perform?  How was your mileage?  
2018 Tundra
2018 176t
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:44pm
We are in the low 20's without towing. Haven't done enough yet to say really where it will land. Best example so far is the 1 1/2hr tow home. Started with the 'average' saying about 20.2. By the time home it was mid 18's. Now that is 3/4 backroads (secondary roads), 1/4 highway.

I have a 4hr test run coming up and that should tell some tales. That happens in 3 weeks. It's also Prue Boondocking, so it will test all my systems and give me some numbers I can work with.

With everyone I have spoken to saying expect 12's, I'll be real happy if I get 14's. Hoping of course for better.. Time will tell.
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
onazip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:59am
Do you use a WDH?  I decided to buy one and install myself but will be bringing the pod home tomorrow without it installed.  (Dealer wanted $700)  I have limited experience towing and wanted to be as safe as possible.  Just curious about your experience and thoughts.  
2018 Tundra
2018 176t

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by onazip

Do you use a WDH?  I decided to buy one and install myself but will be bringing the pod home tomorrow without it installed.  (Dealer wanted $700)  I have limited experience towing and wanted to be as safe as possible.  Just curious about your experience and thoughts.  

Short answer, Yes! I installed the Fastway E2 that a couple folks on this site recommended.

Longer answer: I brought it home without. Really didn't believe I required it. I do drive through a 'windy' stretch and found it did sway more than I hoped for. So, into 'sway bar' research I went. Not liking what I found (and cost), I learned that if I wanted '2 point' control and something I don't have to detach when backing up, the Fastway was about $100 more and I have WD and 2 point sway I don't have to think about when backing up.

My wife and I installed it in 2 1/2hrs. I swear an hour of that was reading instructions and finding where that 1 piece went.. LOL And it was the third attempt to get it in the 'sweet spot'.

I had pretty good winds on that ride home. Yes, some sway, but no where's near what I felt before. Truck looks better hitched, fells better hitched, so over-all I'm happy I did it.

Hope this helps.  
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:42pm
Olddawgsrule,
Were using the same Fastway e2 WD anti-sway bar hitch as you and pulling our pod with the same identical truck as yours (if yours is also 4 wheel drive?) and we've been very satisfied. We've traveled allot of interstate and have been towing in some very high winds and speed's and all in all I'd give this hitch 4 stars.
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by DavMar

Olddawgsrule,
Were using the same Fastway e2 WD anti-sway bar hitch as you and pulling our pod with the same identical truck as yours (if yours is also 4 wheel drive?) and we've been very satisfied. We've traveled allot of interstate and have been towing in some very high winds and speed's and all in all I'd give this hitch 4 stars.

Yes, I'm also 4 wheel drive. Hey I could get critical about fiction sway vs. others, but I'm pleased with what I felt all around. Cost, control, looks and handling. Granted, this is brand new to me and others could speak much better (like you).

To use the phrase: I'm a happy camper with it.
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>