R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLily is home!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lily is home!
    Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:14pm
We are so excited to finally have her here! 

31/2hrs at the Dealership, ya I'm a pain in the butt when purchasing something.. But I want what I bought and working as stated. They were great!

I have a very easy ride home, so I was disappointed to see the two rosettes on the slide out fell off. One pin nail and no glue.. Wonder why? Easy fix, but really??

My twin 6v batteries were no issue, yet the box was. It's just too tight an area for the box I bought. Found my first mod. New battery box.

Forest River would not spring for the 'inside' TV mount. Really wanted inside not in the garage, yet I'll work with this issue (besides, I want something bigger).

What really surprised me is once I had it home the floor was covered with dust debris! The Dealership vac'ed all the exposed areas (very pleased), but that entertament console has an opening at the bottom that seems to be filled with debris. Really? Why would you not cleanup behind your work? Especially around electronic's...
Stuck the vac hose up there, tomorrow the face plate comes off and a good cleaning happens.

BT'ed on my phone worked nicely. I also knew my Oontz speaker would be better than the onboard speakers but worked well.  Heard this could be an issue, but not for me. Works well. USB ports (all 2 of them.. wish thee was more) as well worked off battery power.
Also found a good spot for another of my intended Mods for DC outlet as well as my inverter 110 outlet. I'll talk about this in another post as I work through it.

Great to have Lily here! Now I can work through what I think, as to what is there, and what I need to do to make her ours!

She's home!

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12