R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIntro - Potential R-Pod 190?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intro - Potential R-Pod 190?
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:16pm
Openrangeowner, I didn't mean to jump on your thread and change the content. I was just looking at your analysis of the Highlander and got interested. I definitely need a new tow vehicle and as an all around good vehicle for my wife and myself, the Highlander (probably not the Hybrid) is on my short list. Just need to determine if it worthy of pulling my 179. Considering your original questions:       

1) We have the R-dome and aren't that fond of it. Wanting to retrofit an awning now, but have read that the wall on the 2015 Rpods can't support an awning. I need to look into that.

2)I hard-wired the Progressive Industries model EMS-HW30C to the electrical panel and have been very happy with it.

3)We bought the recommended bike carrier from the camper dealer and have placed two adult bikes on it wherever we go and have not have any issues. Search Amazon      "Highland Sportwing Aluminum Bike Carrier, 2 Bike, 1-1/4 Square Receiver..."      Manufacturer part number ST-5801200
It's the exact same carrier. It holds the bikes very close to the camper and took a little patience to use at first, but it works well. It does wobble a bit so I use a U-bar stabilizer on it.
Good luck and safe travels                                                                             
mac
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123