R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow many days boondocking?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many days boondocking?
    Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Ghosthawk

This is I think going to be a balance thing between me and my wife.
I like it wild, she likes it mild with comforts.

Good suggestions here including the personal wipes, etc. I'll add to this (and I'm on the wild side, actually my guy is too) ... everyone - all of us, regardless of our experience and comfort level, should carry drinking water in our TVs. And in one-gallon jugs (no matter what other larger sizes you may also carry) because they are easy to lift and pour from. Otherwise we're putting all our eggs in one basket so to speak, and a single point of failure in our TTs could leave us with no water. Since you have wild camping experience you may already be used to using a solar shower, the cheapie bag kind that you fill and put on a chair or whatever (I've very often driven around the eastern Sierra and other such places with mine on the roof of my truck and tied to my rack; works great). That's your minimalist-shower backup. Or you use that because you're used to it, and let your wife have the Pod shower. Just a friendly suggestion! Smile I'm guessing you both will do great and all will be fun. 

2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12