R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGrill Transportation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grill Transportation
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:32pm
check out the Cobb ovens.  Very nice charcoal setup, versatile and uses very little charcoal.  You can grill, steam, griddle, cook a whole chicken, pizza whatever.  
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
ToolmanJohn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:59pm
 With the R-Pod, I put my Weber Q (propane) into a large black trash bag, and put it into the camper. I never had a problem with smells. I always made sure to remove the disposable grease pan before transporting.

For the R-Pod, I bought a Y-adapter for my propane tank so I could didn't need small 1 pound bottles. I connected directly to the 30 pound tank.

On my new trailer, I am having an outdoor propane quick connect installed on the entry way side for connecting to simplify it.  I still will have to wrap the grill in a large plastic trash bag. I like the idea of storing it somewhere else, but there is no pass through storage or under carriage storage, so inside it goes.
2017 ATC 7X20 Custom Toy Hauler
2013 R-Pod 177 (SOLD)
2013 VW Touareg TDI
codycountry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:10pm
This charcoal and firewood (and even propane if you want to add that option) grill rides in a protective bag, collapses for storage, and fits easily under the dinette seat in our 2013 177 Hood River.  
If you get one I recommend you purchase the lid for it as well.   Really cool design and works great.  
I try to minimize what I pack into the pod, yet have highly functional accessories for the pod, since it is that itself. 
Happy camping.
https://volcanogrills.com/volcano-2.html

mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:25pm
Toolman John,

+1 - I do pretty much the same. Only difference is I have the CAMCO port adapter that allows for a grill or other propane device to be added to existing tank and an additional tank added not mounted on trailer, so I have capability of dual tanks without a double tank mount.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
TheFornstars View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:20am
Thanks all for the suggestions. I am trying to not use propane for cooking. This is just personal preference. I would like to keep the same cooking style/options that I have at home, whether that be smoking a rack of ribs, reverse searing a tri-tip or roasting a chicken. When I get the trailer I will see what kind of space I can have for the kettle. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12