Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHowdy! New Pod Owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howdy! New Pod Owners
    Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 10:52pm
Howdy All! We should be picking up our new pod this Saturday. 2018 179. Pretty excited to be spending this season in a camper. The wifey has grown tired of tents and vault toilets. A trailer is something we have discussed for a few years and she was secretly online shopping while I was away on a family emergency. I got home and she informed that she wanted an R-Pod. No arguments here. After exploring all the floor plans online and checking options in person we decided on the 179.

We are excited to be joining the R-Ppd community!
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:06am
   Sounds like a great start the r-pods are easy campers to tow and you have almost all the comforts of home. Big step up from tent camping! Hope you enjoy your adventure and have many safe camping trips. David and Danette
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:13pm
Congratulations!  You will feel like a king and queen in a pod after tent and pop-up camping, at least that is how we felt after doing that for the first 35 years of our marriage.  Our 177 is now entering year 8, and the newness of podding hasn't worn off yet.  May you make many enjoyable memories camping with your 179 as you travel about this great country.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:01am
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your 179
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
TheFornstars View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:44am
Thanks all. The Pod is still sitting at the dealer and its killing me. Its really all I can think about right now. This makes my day job difficult. Brake controller should be here today. Cover arrived yesterday and the hitch should be here by Thursday. 
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:44am
Congratulations and welcome! We purchased our 2016 RP179 in December, 2015. We have made a number of extended trips with it and some short ones also. We have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have made a number of mods to ours, some of which may give you some ideas for yours. I am in the midst of a modification now and will post about it (see mods link in signature) when I am done. It is a dinette modification.

When we started looking, it was because my daughter said, "Why don't you get a camper and go 'glamping' to visit us? It got me looking and after I got scammed on what I thought would be the purchase of a used Casita, I found the R-Pods. My wife said any camping trailer had to have two things: an indoor bathroom and a place for her to stow a sewing machine. The RP179 has that and more and we like the big kitchen. The wet bath is tolerable because we wanted the larger kitchen and storage more.

I hope you enjoy your 179 as much as we enjoy ours. I hope you have many adventures and make many great memories in the process.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Rob R. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:10pm
That’s so interesting hearing that you almost got scammed on a used Casita as we also were serious on one we found on Craigslist until we were asked to send a $1200 deposit so it could be shipped to our area. Found out by researching the vin number that it wasn’t legitimate. A week later a  2016 178 Rpod showed up for sale in our area and we fell in love with it. I’m towing it with a 2016 Toyota Tacoma and really like the light weight plus the fact that I can see  down the sides of the trailer in my side mirrors.
That said, we’ve only had it for a couple of months and haven’t yet taken it out camping. We’ve done a few mods to it and also have had fun getting it all stocked up with the seemingly endless supplies. Our first outing is coming up with joining four other friends at a campground out near the Pacific Coast.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:02pm
The problem is that we DID get scammed. We were out $2000 on that. No more Craigslist! We bought our R-Pod from a dealer who provided excellent support.

Enjoy your first outing. We have some planned for this year so I am working on a modification I want to have done before we leave. I'm most of the way done and will be writing it up with pictures soon.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
TheFornstars View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:22pm
Took delivery today. Very pleased with the purchasing process, painless all around. Got it home and noticed a small drip from the fresh water drain plug. I will be checking the plug and go from there, maybe add some Teflon tape. If it will not stop it will be going back for a fix. Overall really happy.
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:29pm
Welcome and congrats. Don't get nervous about a leak here or a squeak there, it's all normal. You have to go thru your share of beeping fridge and ,how do i shut the fan off issues. It's part of the fun and overall experience. Nothing is a major problem and between here and the dealer you will be fine. Just enjoy the new experience of being off the ground and no wet canvass.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>