Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Woody.1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howdy! New Pod Owners
    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:20am
Originally posted by TheFornstars

Originally posted by Woody.1

Congrats - we picked up our 179 on March 1st and have been out 4 times already. Never owning a TT it is a work in progress. We just made a check list of getting all the steps done in order, which seems to be helping us a lot. I would suggest doing that. 

Making a check list of is a great idea and something I am already working on. I play a Manufacturing Engineer Mon-Fri and part of my job to is define/write processes. This sometimes carries over to home and definitely will for the pod. 

The wife really wants to go to Camping World, so we are headed there today. 

John just posted a great review on his YouTube channel on leveling and unhooking trailer. For us newbies it’s great.

Larry-D View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by mjlrpod

Welcome and congrats. Don't get nervous about a leak here or a squeak there, it's all normal. You have to go thru your share of beeping fridge and ,how do i shut the fan off issues. It's part of the fun and overall experience. Nothing is a major problem and between here and the dealer you will be fine. Just enjoy the new experience of being off the ground and no wet canvass.

I had forgotten about the beeping fridge!
TheFornstars View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Woody.1

Congrats - we picked up our 179 on March 1st and have been out 4 times already. Never owning a TT it is a work in progress. We just made a check list of getting all the steps done in order, which seems to be helping us a lot. I would suggest doing that. 

Making a check list of is a great idea and something I am already working on. I play a Manufacturing Engineer Mon-Fri and part of my job to is define/write processes. This sometimes carries over to home and definitely will for the pod. 

The wife really wants to go to Camping World, so we are headed there today. 
Woody.1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:40pm
Pod613 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:32pm
Welcome, from one new member to another.
2019 RP176
2016 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by mjlrpod

Welcome and congrats. Don't get nervous about a leak here or a squeak there, it's all normal. You have to go thru your share of beeping fridge and ,how do i shut the fan off issues. It's part of the fun and overall experience. Nothing is a major problem and between here and the dealer you will be fine. Just enjoy the new experience of being off the ground and no wet canvass.

Oh we are tickled pink right now! I know I’ll have my fair share of issues and quirks, it to be expected.
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:54pm
The key to off setting major problems is to address minor problems when they occur. You are on the right track, with your fresh water drain, you see it fix it. Use that warranty while you have it and Happy Trails.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:29pm
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:22pm
Took delivery today. Very pleased with the purchasing process, painless all around. Got it home and noticed a small drip from the fresh water drain plug. I will be checking the plug and go from there, maybe add some Teflon tape. If it will not stop it will be going back for a fix. Overall really happy.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:02pm
The problem is that we DID get scammed. We were out $2000 on that. No more Craigslist! We bought our R-Pod from a dealer who provided excellent support.

Enjoy your first outing. We have some planned for this year so I am working on a modification I want to have done before we leave. I'm most of the way done and will be writing it up with pictures soon.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>