R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > General non-pod discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPLEASE READ AND VOTE - Event Date: 18 Mar 2018 - 31 Mar 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Poll Question: Should religous comments go away?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [60.53%]
15 [39.47%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: PLEASE READ AND VOTE
    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by StephenH

Wilco.

Thanks Stephen! Again, thanks jato! Your understanding and cooperation is helpful and much appreciated. As we grow, our group is becoming increasingly diverse. Others are just as fervent in their beliefs as we are in ours. We all do good if we just care for one another, just a little.

...still gotta deal with henry.......

crw8sr View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:23am
The one thing that says it all: 

From David - "You joined a moderated forum that has published and established rules. These rules have not changed since the beginning. Deal with it. Love it or leave it." 

Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
dennis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 12:44pm
David, you're promoting a bumper sticker. Everybody has something to say, and the 1st Amendment protects that right. If you want to have a fair rule in here, you will not only have to remove what you just removed of what I said about following Jesus, but other Bible quotes such as those of jato and StephenH. You will also have to remove what lostagain said. He has a religion, by his own admission, and his username is probably it. Would it be ok if I change my username to lostbutfound?
Christianity is all about spreading the Good News. If the powers that be want to prevent that, they are entitled. And I will abide by it. I primarily want to learn about my R-pod. So do the fair thing, and let's get on with enjoying our R-pods.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by dennis

David, you're promoting a bumper sticker. Everybody has something to say, and the 1st Amendment protects that right. If you want to have a fair rule in here, you will not only have to remove what you just removed of what I said about following Jesus, but other Bible quotes such as those of jato and StephenH. You will also have to remove what lostagain said. He has a religion, by his own admission, and his username is probably it. Would it be ok if I change my username to lostbutfound?
Christianity is all about spreading the Good News. If the powers that be want to prevent that, they are entitled. And I will abide by it. I primarily want to learn about my R-pod. So do the fair thing, and let's get on with enjoying our R-pods.

None of us have First Amendment rights here. It is a privilege to post here, not a right. This matter has been resolved. Love it or leave it.

dennis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:07pm
I have the perfect solution. Do away with the signature thing completely. It's not germane anyway. Let all those who want to discuss religion do so here. That way, people like lostagain can spew all the quotes he wants. In the mean time, you'll find me over on the tips section getting smart about my R-pod. And this is coming from one who believes in spreading the good news of Jesus. I'll just put a good sticker on my R-pod.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:15pm

I have the perfect solution. Do away with the signature thing completely. It's not germane anyway. Let all those who want to discuss religion do so here. That way, people like lostagain can spew all quotes he wants. In the mean time, you'll find me over on the tips section getting smart about my R-pod. And this is coming from one who believes in spreading the good news of Jesus. I'll just put a good sticker on my R-pod.

dennis/henryv/whoever you are today

I suggest - if you want to continue to participate, play by the rules. I can delete as fast as you can create. If you don't like this forum, create your own. Last warning.

dennis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:17pm
It has been resolved? What's the resolution?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:22pm

It has been resolved? What's the resolution?

Good bye. Again, I can shut down membership personas as fast as you can create them.

lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:28pm
dennis, I may have said I have a religion, but never publicly said what it is, as best I recall [and I'm not going to take the time to scour each and every post to see if I slipped up somewhere, though I'm 99% sure I didn't].  For all you know, I could be an Animist, a Hindu, a Greek Orthodox, a Native American Shaman, or an Agnostic, [100 etceteras].  As for my signature, the business about footprints came from troop 13 of the Boy Scouts in 1958, not a religion and relates to respecting the places we visit.

The point, I think, of trying not to get into discussions about or promote religions is to avoid people getting into pi**ing matches with each other.  We're here to talk about r-Pods, not deities.  When you asked, for example, about your electric system, I didn't suggest you join my religion, I tried to give you a technical answer about some basic electricity stuff that related to the r-Pod.  

So, please dear sir, leave me out of the religious conversation on the board.  If you'd like to engage me in discussions about religion, politics [please not I didn't say what mine are], guns, food, music, or any other topics that could lead to conflict on the board, please feel free to PM me, though you are not invited to share my responses with others with out my written consent.  

And as for the name "lostagain," it's a name relating to traveling around N. and S. America and some times feeling a little "dazed and confused" [a hippie term from the 60's].  It has nothing to do with any theological views.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 2:23pm

I'm not going to delete any of this but, I am going to take the unusual step (first time ever) of "locking" this topic. No more post should be allowed.

All of this should serve as an example of why we avoid certain areas of discussion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567