R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > General non-pod discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPLEASE READ AND VOTE - Event Date: 18 Mar 2018 - 31 Mar 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Poll Question: Should religous comments go away?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [60.53%]
15 [39.47%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: PLEASE READ AND VOTE
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:34pm
Furpod,

I will see you there, want to ask about a couple trailer issues.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:14pm

Wow! Things have not been this lively since the old days of "The Great Pod War" This is certainly the most voted poll that I have ever done.

For those of you who were not around in the beginning of "Pod time" (this forum), the Pod had not been on the market long and our numbers were relatively few. Though modest in numbers, these men and women were hearty souls of strong backbone and conviction. They were the stuff of legends.

However, in the passage of time, a great chasm developed and two "camps" were formed. One held firm that ONLY owners of Pods may be allowed to be members of the forum. The other camp was equally determined to allow most anyone membership.

The battle swelled and raged. Fighting was intense and furious - real fang and claw stuff! Neither side having an immediate or overwhelming advantage.

To make things short, once the smoke cleared, what survived is what you see (and are a member of) today. Sadly, many of those brave souls are no longer with us on the forum. Of those who survived, many of us even today carry the scars of those savage, yet glorious times.

As an old warrior, I say this: Keep calm, post on, everything will work out fine.    

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:22pm
Ah.. the heady days of "and friends" rally discussions..

I am glad we avoided that Airstream style snobbery.
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:30pm
Who says? I harbor ill feelings. I don't need no stinking luxury :)
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
ParPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:26am
Well.....compared to the last time a signature thread was posted about religious lines this conversation is much better.  The previous conversation didn't go particularly well and was ended by the Admins. This debate seems to have run it's course as well as it seems to have veered off topic.

However, having mentioned that I would add that personally I don't feel that the signature line is the problem but rather it's the religious debate that goes south in a heartbeat that causes the grief.  So perhaps its the follow up debate that should be relegated to the "guns and politics" rule as opposed to baning scripture quotes in a signature line.

Also looking at the number of votes that have been cast here I would say that neither could be termed an overwhelming response so perhaps what needs to happen is for the Admins to decide what the rule will be and then post it.  I'll follow what ever is decided.
Bob&Margaret
2017 179
2016 Toyota 4Runner
2 sets of Golf Clubs
coopercdrkey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:42am
Just as an aside, I have respectfully adhered to the "no gun talk" policy of this forum, but I have bragged about my R-Pod many times on my firearms forum....
Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:31am
Originally posted by furpod

Ah.. the heady days of "and friends" rally discussions.

I had forgotten about that. "OMG (Gosh) You want to invite your sister to the rally but she camps in a T@B camper!!!"

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:39am
LOL.. we, just this year, decided not to do the spring T@B rally...so we are doing a small "Pod rally" in the Smokies first weekend of April.. nearly half the Pods attending.. aren't.

LOL

On a side side side note, we almost bought furpod back.. The couple that bought it found their 3 grandkids loved camping with them, so they upgraded to a larger bunkhouse. We made the decision about an hour to late. It sold in 24 hours over in the FB group, to someone who had watched it last year.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:44am
Originally posted by ParPod

perhaps what needs to happen is for the Admins to decide what the rule will be and then post it.

No, we are not going to toss this back in my lap.

There have been rules forbidding religion, politics, weapons and sex since DAY ONE! DAY ONE! This is nothing new. Some don't seem to like those rules. Some choose to transgress. However, the vast majority do follow the guidelines and enjoy the forum for what it is intended to be: A Rpod/camping forum.

If anyone would like to appeal to Techntrek, please feel free. I haven't spoken with him lately but, here is his position as of October:

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1&FID=5&PR=3&title=welcome-and-rules

Don't want to click, well here is what he wrote:
Personally I'm passionate about all of these topics, and I talk about them a lot - elsewhere. But any time they are brought up on forums like this the discussions quickly escalate to shouting matches and hurt feelings.

So let's keep these discussions off of this forum. Thanks.

He couldn't have expressed it better, IMHO. This entire thread is a good example of why we CAN'T talk about these things. They are just too contentious. WE should focus on those common things in which we share enjoyment and leave the other for more appropriate venues.

No. "Let the other guy make the decision and then we'll curse and crucify him when he does make any sort of decision" needs to stop. Frankly, I'm sick of that crap.

If you don't like my judgement/decisions the TELL ME HOW YOU WANT THINGS TO BE HANDLED!

My frustration level is about a 9.3 right now.

Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by ParPod

However, having mentioned that I would add that personally I don't feel that the signature line is the problem but rather it's the religious debate that goes south in a heartbeat that causes the grief. 

I didn't pay attention to this thread because of its location - 'non-pod discussion'.

I agree with the above. 

As I have stated elsewhere, the signature line is very valuable to me because it puts 'life' and 'personality'' into the person posting on the otherwise sterile electronic forum .  I would be very sad to see it go, and very angry, too, because it means that we prize uniformity and banality more than creativity and individuality.

If we prize 'diversity', why stifle it??
"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation" - W.C. Fields
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>