Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Camper locks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Olddawgsrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camper locks
    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 5:46pm
I do plan on buying two small safes and securing them in my truck & the TT.i o hear you on the construction of the door and the unit. Someone wants in, they'll get in. I get that.

Hope is to make it as least easy as possible.

Can't tell ya how many locks I have drilled out for friends that have lost their keys..
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:53pm
My Pod came with a key/keyless door lock. I took the batteries out the first year I winterized, because I was concerned they would go dead and lock me out. I considered a deadbolt, but the door is not solid core. A good pinch bar would open it very quickly. I take my real valuables with me or lock them in the TV. I don't leave valuables like jewelry, cash, firearms in the TT when I'm not with it.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Olddawgsrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:42pm
I caught a new Youtuber (to me) I do like to listen to and he did a review on a trailer door lock I thought rather interesting.

He bought (actually given as a present) one of those key/key-less trailer door locks that looked impressive. Ya, so was the price(close to $300). Since my intention is to hit many 'free' spots, concern of security of the door lock has been questioned.

We run for the day, wether on the bikes or the TT, I'd like the trailer to be as secure as I can have it. One thought was adding a deadbolt lock.

Question is: If you have added/changed out, what did you do? 

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123