R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed help sanitizing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SC for Huskers View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help sanitizing
    Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 11:44am
Don't know what I was thinking. You are right, water can't run up hill and I laughed at myself for asking a Not Dumb question !LOL  OK, This is what Ive got going on.  City water off, fresh water tank 1/3 full according to LEDs, turn pump on, light on pump comes on,  NO running pump.  Ah Ha, get down with volt meter, (not a lot of room in a Pod 172 for 245lbs of mass) have two red wires going in and out of end of pump.  Looks like it may be a switch.  Pull them off, turn pump on, check for voltage between red wires, ah ha, we have 12vdc. Jumper the two red wires, ah ha, we have running pump, run for 60 seconds to get rid of antifreeze, turn off.  What is the switch, and can I take it off to fix or replace? Embarrassed
Thanks
Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:10am
Originally posted by henryv

when filling the tank does the hot water heater automatically fill up? is the bypass valve the valve between the hot and cold, and should it run parallel or perpendicular to the line when in use?

No, it does not automatically fill up as the water tank level is below the level of the water heater and water does not flow uphill. The pump or city water pressure is needed to fill the hot water tank.

If you have the three valve setup (mine has this), the top and bottom valves need to be parallel to the lines and the one in the line between needs to be perpendicular to the line. If the top and bottom ones are perpendicular and the one between is parallel, then that is the bypass setting. I can't help with the one or two valve setup settings as I don't have the valves to look at.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 8:51am
Originally posted by SC for Huskers

The other day I flushed the antifreeze out and when done, hit the switch on water pump.  Nothing happened. Is there a level safety switch, or do I have a problem?
Thanks in advance.Smile

Okay. There is not quite enough information to do more than guess at this. It sounds like either the intake filter screen on the water pump is clogged or the winterizing valve is set to the wrong position and it is just pulling air through the hose that is for adding antifreeze. Look for a valve in the pump line that has a stub hose and check to see if it is set properly. If you turn on a faucet and are just getting air, then the valve is the most likely culprit.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 8:36am
Originally posted by henryv

when filling the tank does the hot water heater automatically fill up? is the bypass valve the valve between the hot and cold, and should it run parallel or perpendicular to the line when in use?
If you are using water from the fresh water tank, you need to run the pump to fill the water heater. You should run the pump and open the hot water tap on the sink (for example) until it stops spurting air. Once that is done, you can turn on the water heater.

Similarly, if you are connected to city water, you also want to purge the air from the system before you start the water heater. You don't need to run the pump when you're connected to city water.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:33am
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:25am
So does the city water go into the tank, or bypass it?
SC for Huskers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:41pm
The other day I flushed the antifreeze out and when done, hit the switch on water pump.  Nothing happened. Is there a level safety switch, or do I have a problem?
Thanks in advance.Smile
Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 8:58pm
You got it right. The big opening is to fill the tank. The one to which you can attach a hose from a spigot is the city water connection (even if it is from a well pump for naming purposes). Please use a drinking water safe hose to fill the tank or connect to city water. That is not your typical green garden hose which might contain chemicals that are not safe to drink.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 8:46pm
What is meant by "city water"? water from the house spicket? There are two places for water, explain how to use each. I know the top one fills the tank, and the lower one is city water whatever that is...
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 8:16pm
Fresh: 30 gallons in tank plus 6 gallons for hot water heater or 36 gallons total
Black and Gray: 30 gallons each
There is a little more in the lines, but there is no measurement posted for those.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>