R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedmicro/conv replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: micro/conv replacement
    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 7:40am
Finally replaced the micro/conv myself.Waited since august to have a warrenty service replacement. Between camping world changing my seviceappointments 3 times they finally saw the pod in mid november. I have the good sam extended warrenty and they aggreed to replace it . My deductable would be 250$ and the total for replacement would be 585.00. Well that seemed ok but after 2 months for the unit to arrive at camping world and its still not in as of today, camping world advertised a dometic micro/conv on sale for 199.00. so i bought it and replaced the unit myself. Only cost 207.00 and my pod never left the yard. Simple to do as its only screwed in by the trim piece and pluged in in the cavity. 
Now what do i do about the dvd player that stops working after 1 hour of play. I gues with a 250 deductable i better do it myself. After ive paid for my extended warrenty not sure im gonna renue. Unless you have a major issue its cheaper to do it yourself. 
When i change my tow vehicle next spring the rpod lemon is going down the road. And a new LANCE will be born. 4 seasons. roomie er. seperate gas oven. larger head. and walk around bed. attached awning. I could go on but ill leave my drem till next year. Hope this camping seson has no rpod surprises. 
2016 179pod--BETTY
2010 nissan frontier
Sean and Doug
Butchie the morkie
touring the west
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:28am
That is pretty poor performance for a microwave.  I am in the process of upgrading our kitchen and one of our bathrooms.  Just replaced our microwave built in June 1991, still works BUT you know how it is, everything (appliances) should match so the Frigidaire is getting sold and a new LG, for about the same price you paid is the replacement.  Our first microwave was a Panasonic purchased in 1976 and lasted until 1991.  The only reason that was replaced was because a guest thought he could turn it on w/o anything inside of it; burned out the magnatron tube.  So here I am 42 years of marriage and already on my 3rd microwave, not too bad.

Sorry to hear about your 179.  We have been fortunate in that our 177, purchased January 2011, has been basically trouble free.  Nearly 30 K miles on it and the only big expense was changing out the tires at 20 K miles as they had been expired for over a year according to the manufacture date.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:43am
If the only issues you had were the microwave and DVD player, be advised that is not really an R-pod issue. Any TT that used one of those components would have the same issue. Dometic and Jensen are very, very commonly used in many brands of TTs, so just check the brand names when you pick up your Lance.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by GlueGuy

Really sorry to hear about your troubles. However, if the only issues you had were the microwave and DVD player, be advised that is not really an R-pod issue. Any TT that used one of those components would have the same issue. Dometic and Jensen are very, very commonly used in many brands of TTs, so just check the brand names when you pick up your Lance.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 10:43am
+1 on Dometic and Jensen.

We have a 2016 RP179. Our Jensen stereo unit has so far behaved, but we don't use it very much. Our microwave has been replaced twice. The first time was that it was not functioning and was replaced by our dealer under warranty. The end of cycle sound was getting so faint, we could barely hear it. Other than that, our Generac iX2000 was not able to run it since it would reset as soon as the magnetron kicked in.

The second time was when it went to the factory for repair and they said it didn't pass the HiPot test. I did not know anything was wrong because it was working properly. This third unit seems to be working okay. Also, unlike the first one, the Generac iX2000 will run it if needed as long as nothing else is drawing significant power at the time. Lights are okay as they are negligible draw.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply