Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: improvements
    Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 2:49pm
We use that area for our clean clothes and use laundry basket that nearly fill the area.  At night or other times when we are going to use the heater we remove the baskets and put them somewhere else out of the way.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 1:21pm
I use a small 12V fan. The current one I have is made by O2 Cool and replaced a RoadPro one where the bearing was going. The O2 Cool is technically 9V but runs fine on 12V, just a little louder. I put it at the opening under the bed opposite the furnace, blowing outward. That way, it pulls the hot air from the furnace and blows it out into the cabin. The other end serves to allow cold air to return to the furnace. It has worked quite well. I have installed 12V outlets there so I have a place to plug it in as well as a USB outlet for charging phones. I have since added outlets in the wall behind the stereo unit in our 179 to serve as a place to plug in my CPAP machine as well as to charge phones. I did that when we changed the direction our heads point in our 179 to make it easier for me to get in and out of bed over my wife. In the 179, it also allows the bathroom wall to block some of the light and noise. It would not be quite the same for the 178 though.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:48am
Several people have added a deflector on the heater vent to direct the airflow out of the storage area. The built-in furnace does not use a lot of power, and can usually be run when boondocking, as long as you have a way to recharge your batteries every couple of days.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
IdahoJoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:44am
So far the only thing I see after a few days is that I am not a fan of where the heater is located in the 178. I plan on using the area under the bed for storage and with the heater there is makes no sense. I have a few ceramic heaters I can use with shore power but since I boondock it more than anything the only way to use those is with the generator running.
Joe Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply