Topic ClosedHopefully Soon Rpod Owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hopefully Soon Rpod Owner
    Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:01pm
Sometimes life forces changes both good and bad.  The Pod's a great choice and a major step up from the tent, at least it was for us.  We are very happy with our 177 and have had no major issues.

May I suggest that when inspecting the pod you check for balancing weights on the wheels as the factory does not balance them.  We had one wheel in balance and the other way out of balance that resulted in a substantial amount of "wheel hop" at speeds above 55 MPH.  If it's not balanced you can take the pod to a tire shop and they will balance each wheel for a minimal charge.

Going forward, may life's sails be full for you and the wind be at your back.

Bert
Old and in the way so now it's time to play
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 9:50am
Originally posted by campinggirl

Thanks everyone! They actually know I am not prepared to tow. I was not planning to seriously look til end of month when this one came up.   I am getting hitch and brake locally here in SC. They said it would be fine if I come back for it in a week if I do in fact purchase it after inspecting it. I also plan to have transmission cooler installed on Durango. I appreciate all the good advice. I am sure I will be back for more. My Dad was the master camper but no phone lines to heaven. :(

You might want to ask them if the pod has an EMS installed. It's usually added by the owner after purchase. If it has one, great! If it doesn't, I would seriously think about adding it. It protects all the electrical appliances in the pod from surges, or some conditions that could harm the electrical system. Just an F.Y.I.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:50am

Been researching rpods for awhile. Going to look at a 2010 172 Sunday. Any particulars to check out as I am a single female who will be traveling with my dog (and occasionally a college age daughter). My tow vehicle will be a Dodge Durango. I know to look at axle, look for evidence of any leaks, and to make sure everything works. Have camped since 10 months old in everything from tent to travel trailer to 5th wheel. Lots of life changes has me back in tent, but I am tired of the ground. Time to get back off the ground. Any advice appreciated.

Welcome! Can't wait to hear how yesterday went, did you buy it? I understand your feeling about no phone lines to heaven, both my parents were "serious" campers and I miss talking with them and getting their camping (and other) wisdom. 
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
PodBarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 1:36pm
Hi, and glad you were able to get off the ground! I got my first trailer last September, using it solo+cat. With your experience, you should be able to enjoy the experience right away. Knowing the systems really reduce the concerns. Along with the new tires, a new battery and propane tank might be required. I have meters or something that checks everything, including electricity, propane, battery. Also have tapes, glues, etc., to quickly fix any leaks.

Enjoy and share your experiences, concerns - that helps us all in our trailer care and enjoyment!
2017 RPod 171
2017 Kia Sorento SX
campinggirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:28pm
Yes, I got it!! So excited. I am getting my hitch and brake controller this week, so I can go back and pick it up. It's 2 1/2 hours away. I can't wait! I will be camping with my siberian husky (and occasionally a grown daughter or two).
ZuBrew View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 8:29pm
Congrats on your 172. Be sure to send a picture.
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4
2018 R-Pod 189
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300A
Dave & Donna View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:50am
Congratulations!! Enjoy!
D&D plus Rusty
2017.5 R-pod 179
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:07am
Congrats on your 172!  
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Old & out-to-play View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:54am
Congratulations, now you my be interested in looking at a group called “Sisters on the Fly” it’s an all gals camping group...no men or dogs, however dogs are now allowed on some camping events so I guess men are still considered “bottom feeders” LOL

From what I’ve heard it’s a fun group.

Enjoy your new TT.

Bert
Old and in the way so now it's time to play
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:19am

Yes, I got it!! So excited. I am getting my hitch and brake controller this week, so I can go back and pick it up. It's 2 1/2 hours away. I can't wait! I will be camping with my siberian husky (and occasionally a grown daughter or two).

Fabulous, congrats!!! If you are in or near or head out west feel free to swap ideas about locations & related. PM is also welcome. As Barb wrote, and I agree, with your experience you're going to do great and have a wonderful time. This forum is extremely helpful too as you've already discovered :-) 
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>