Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedmany troublesome reviews - Event Date: 07 Jul 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: many troublesome reviews
    Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 7:50am
Yesterday my husband and I looked at a 179 and were very excited about its features, size, layout, storage, etc.  We have been camping in a popup for years and are ready for an upgrade.  Once we got home I started looking on line at reviews and became very discouraged by all the negative reviews.  We are considering purchasing a 2018 for $20,000. 

What is your thought on this product?  What about the price? 

It does include the warranty.  The dealer has two used 2017 179's for $17,900 and $15,900.  Any thoughts? Would these be better deals even without the warranty?  The cheaper trailer has missing stabilizers.
Joanne and Tom
ArenaBlanca View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:04am
We got our 179 about 1 1/2 years ago and spent 140 days in it last year.  Went to 14 national parks and covered about 10,000 miles.  Even visited the factory where it was made.  It is a great little camper and much nicer than the pop-up we took to Newfoundland.  You will note on this forum that there are a plethora of modifications that have been made.  If you feel comfortable in doing so, you can add the stabilizers yourself and save some coins.  We have never had to use the warranty with the R-pod -- can't say that with some other campers.  Make sure you thoroughly go over the used model if you are leaning that way.  
Enjoy Life!!
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:05am
We love our RP179 (about 1-1/2 years into ours). We got ours for less than your offer, but it's not apples-to-apples unless you factor in accessories.

I'd see if you could negotiate a warranty for the used one(s). Stabilizers are cheap, and a lot of people re-attach with save-a-jack.

Good luck.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:05pm
I am always interested in the negative reviews on line.  One has to accept that a lower price point trailer like an R Pod ay have some issues that tralers that sell for much more will not have.  Also things like sawdust in the unused areas are taken care of by good dealers before delivery. 

Our 177 has been working very well with normal maintenance since 2011 and has gone from Wisconsin to the west coast twice and lots of camping at shorter distances.  We even like the wet bath as an option to what we had before: no bath.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply