Topic Closedwhen time first began

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: when time first began
    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:50pm
There was a time when our universe was a black void in space long before the r-pod and predating Trailer Life (July, 1941); for most this represents a time line when trailering life began. Preceding that there was a place where time and and space morphed and grew into Comets and Fire Balls.  These remnants represent ancient light from stars long since past, eclipsed by mammoth spiral galaxies spinning in an ever expanding universe of luxury motor coaches, behemoth fifth wheels with fireplaces, center kitchen islands, washer/dryers and in-place theater systems.  Then there are the cavernous toyhaulers carrying legions of adult toys for the weekend warriors with front end accommodations to keep body and soul living in the lap of luxury, wanting for not.  The trailer-universe has changed.

But deep in a long forgotten corner of the universe is a globular cluster of ancient stars bound together by their gravitational tides with each pulling on the other holding each other to its respective orbit.  They appear now and then in all their glory and splendor that was.  It is in this forgotten corner of the universe (this time in Lake Havasu City, Arizona) that the vintage trailer show and camp out was held.

The r pod is the bridge that eclipses the opposite ends of the universe.

http://methus.smugmug.com/Vintage-Trailers

Bert
Old and in the way so now it's time to play
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:12am
Over 80 years and man hasn't learned a thing. Still the same ole teardrop style!
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:52am
Upon first sentence or so, I thought I was going to see a Star Wars movie... Our first experience with a tt (rpod)8yr ago, was a 3.5 hr drive to Golden Lake campground. Was a much better camp outing than in a tent.... Our 2012 177 did/has preformed great ever since then.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
Old & out-to-play View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by ron_whitt

Upon first sentence or so, I thought I was going to see a Star Wars movie... Our first experience with a tt (rpod)8yr ago, was a 3.5 hr drive to Golden Lake campground. Was a much better camp outing than in a tent.... Our 2012 177 did/has preformed great ever since then.

No "Star Wars" at the vintage trailer show.  However, if you're in this neighborhood I can take you to a place very similar to the desert outpost bar in Star Wars.  This place, Nellie E's Saloon, is about 5 miles East of nowhere at the base of Buckskin Mountain.  The road is very primitive, there's no phone, no cell service in places, barren desert land and hard rock canyons.  It's open Oct - Apr. on weekends only from 12PM to 6PM or when they decide to close.  Its inhabitants look like extras from the Star Wars movies and they drive/ride in on their machines that look like they came from a Mad Max movie...."check in your razors and all your guns".  The place has limited water, no air conditioning and runs off solar.  By two on any given Saturday or Sunday the place is packed with two legged creatures and there's a country band playing southern rock, blues and traditional country.

It's a real hoot to come and see the desert animals at play.

Bert
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 2:44pm
Hmmmmm have to check in your guns? all of them?  
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 3:11pm
I lived in Yuma for a few years, was a Certified Desert Rat, some of those desert bars were out of the old west. No one checked all their guns. There was some real characters.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 3:25pm
LOL sounds like that could be a good time 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Old & out-to-play View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by mcarter

I lived in Yuma for a few years, was a Certified Desert Rat, some of those desert bars were out of the old west. No one checked all their guns. There was some real characters.

This place isn’t out of the “old west”, it doesn” know the West is “old”.  One quarter of the inhabitants don’t know the Civil War is over, that prohibition has ended, that we landed on the Moon or that Bob Wills is dead.

As for, “check in your razors and all your guns” many don’t shave as there’s precious little water.  All fain ignorance and illiteracy to sidestep the issue even the Diamond Jim’s with the law degrees and a license to practice law.

Such are the foibles of Arizona’s Parker Strip and the Buckskins...”Swing low sweet chariot, com’n for to carry me home” from the insanity of the “post, post, industrial revolution”.  WHERE’s the RUM MATE?
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Old & out-to-play

No "Star Wars" at the vintage trailer show.  However, if you're in this neighborhood I can take you to a place very similar to the desert outpost bar in Star Wars.  This place, Nellie E's Saloon, is about 15 miles East of nowhere at the base of Buckskin Mountain.  The road is very primitive, there's no phone, no cell service in places, barren desert land and hard rock canyons.  It's open Oct - Apr. on weekends only from 12PM to 6PM or when they decide to close.  Its inhabitants look like extras from the Star Wars movies and they drive/ride in on their machines that look like they came from a Mad Max movie...."check in your razors and all your guns".  The place has limited water, no air conditioning and runs off solar.  By two on any given Saturday or Sunday the place is packed with two legged creatures and there's a country band playing southern rock, blues and traditional country.

It's a real hoot to come and see the desert animals at play.

Bert

Dang sounds like a real nice "family" place. If I ever get out that way count me in especially if they have PBR on tap! Big smile
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:37pm
LOL PBR on tap!!!! Remember those days............kind of 
Leo & Melissa Bachand