Topic ClosedNew Pod 189 Owner - Event Date: 26 Jan 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: New Pod 189 Owner
    Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:25am
I tow with a Silverado crew cab, I do use a sway control but no WDH. Tows fine. Sway bar comforts me in windy conditions.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
2wolves View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:39am
Chuck thank you for your service. Congrats on the new 190. I agree I think at a minimum I will use the sway bar. It's really a small world! one of my positions in the military was overlooking all training for 68W combat medics at Department of Combat Medical Training DCMT Fort Sam Houston, TX. Again thank you for your service. I greatly appreciate your reply.
Thanks
Tom
2022 196
2021 Chevy Tahoe
2wolves View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:43am
Thanks Mike for the response. It's funny I have a cousin and his name is Mike Carter. His father's name was Bernie
2022 196
2021 Chevy Tahoe
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:54pm
Being your first, I would like to make one recommendation that you might want to think about. A T.T. should have an EMS system installed. They "should" but.... They don't. An EMS system is a unit that will protect your camper from bad electrical issues you might encounter in a campground. There is a chance that the campground can have high voltage, low voltage, ungrounded service, or a few other possible issues, that will destroy your campers system. An EMS will guard against this. It's a couple hundred bucks, but, having your T.T. at risk is not really worth it. I believe most here, if not all, will agree that you want to get this, and done soon. Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service. Progressive Industries seems to be the brand everyone gets. EMS is an elec management system. You would want the EMSHW30C. amazon or e-trailer are possible sources.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
2wolves View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:01pm
Thank you for your response. Is this something I should have the dealer install? Really appreciate the heads up. I had never heard Of that being an issue. Again thank you!
2022 196
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:45pm
Agree an EMS system is critical.  We had ours click off twice this past season.  Progressive industries makes a portable version (which costs more) that plugs in at the electric box but do you really want to worry about it getting stolen at a campsite?  Better to get the hard wired.  Not hard to install just needs to get spliced into the AC line before it hits the fuse box.  There are YouTube videos on it.  We paid to have the dealer install it for around $120 if I recall.  Only because we took a trip straight from picking it up and did not want to leave home without it
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 4:37pm
Thanks to this forum an EMS was the first thing we purchased for our R-pod.  And it's the reason we purchased a pod.

Again, thanks to the forum, there's a bunch of mods we,re going to be doing.

Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 4:44pm
2wolves,

What is funny is I also have a cousin named Mike Carter, his Dad was Glen and mine was John :) +1 on EMS, mine is the in line type that plugs into the shore power cable. I retired from the Army a year ago, 35 years. Started out in "NAM" as USMC 0311.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
2wolves View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 5:21pm
WOW that's awesome! Thank you for your 35 years of service.I know how difficult that was. I did a little research and I agree I'm going to use the portable one and not hardwire. Again thanks for the info I appreciate you.
2022 196
2021 Chevy Tahoe
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 7:52am
Welcome 2wolves from north of 49. Yes an ems system is important. I'm going on my 3rd year with the portable type (this is year #7 with our pod.) I got it after I lost my hot water heater due to a power surge in a thunder storm.... As I said 3rd year with a portable ems. All we do is put a garage bag over the electrical post and people think we are just protecting our plug in case of rain. I also have a chain and lock around the post that is also covered by the garbage bag.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>