R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOpinion Please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinion Please
    Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 8:45pm
I wouldn't be too patient. Instead of waiting for them to call, I would be pressing for a service appointment.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Gregm View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:45pm
When we had a service issue that was not resolved to our satisfaction, I got the General Manager involved. Since the GM is concerned about repeat customers, she helped us out rather quickly.
Gregm
2014 171
2015 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
Sea pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 6:57pm
Has anybody tried to have their refer repaired under an extended warranty?  If you read the fine print it is almost impossible.Thumbs Down
TV..ford 350
Co pilot....Noreen
Navigator...rosie
Old & out-to-play View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 10:51pm
RV dealers, warranty service or lack there of, fear that service techs or dealerships will do shoddy work if you lean on them to do what’s expected, what century and planet does this industry live in and on?

We purchased the pod from Camping Worlds Flagstaff dealership after working them hard for a price I was willing to pay as the deal was all cash...our cash that we had worked for and I wasn’t about to leave anything extra on the table.  Sometime later we purchased a Honda generator...they where appreciative for our business. About a month later we were camping in the Flagstaff area and stopped by with a minor warranty issue as two interior batts had come loose at floor level.  The service manager informed us that it would be about two months before they could get to it, call back later to set up an appointment.  I thanked them very much, “message received loud and clear”.  When we got home Reta emptied the trailer, I pulled out the pinning gun, loaded it with 3/4 inch pins, ran two pins into the lower end of the loose batts, spent maybe 10 minutes.

About mid year Mr. Marcus Lemonis, CEO of Camping World announced publicly, while having a political hissy fit, that people like me should not shop at his stores. I sent him a nice, non confrontational, letter and returned their membership cards...we are done here, no more, thank you.

Short of an appliance failure under warranty the probability of our pod visiting a dealership is very low.

I’m confident that the dealerships will do well, doing what they do, until the next economic downturn, but they wouldn’t be doing it to us...the economic principle of substitution applies here.

Bert
Old and in the way so now it's time to play
sean p View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 7:03am
This is my first RV. I have been waiting since August to get the micro/conv oven replaced under my Good Sam warrenty. Ive called Camping World 5 times to check on the status.Always told its in another departments hands to order. After reading service horror stories about length of time to get any kind of repairs done makes me queation weather RVing is worth it. This RPOD has had lots of small issues i'm taking care of myself. Was going to replace it this summer for a LANCE. But need to wait 1 more year for a larger truck.Hope this season has no breakdowns, or its on the chopping block. Any advice on how to deal with camping world Service department. Thanks
2016 179pod--BETTY
2010 nissan frontier
Sean and Doug
Butchie the morkie
touring the west
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 7:50am
Sean P -  Camping world seems to have a lot of unhappy customers. I have no personal complaints against them, but I read many. As far as the pod goes, There will be minor issues with any R.V.  As it's been stated before, everytime you move your pod, your exposing it to an earthquake, literally. It get shaken, bounced, and banged around. It's amazing that I have had such good luck. I took my pod out on atleast 12 or 13 different trips last summer. Plus I hooked up several times to go get tires, or dump the septic tank, Etc.. Maybe your REAL issue is the crappy service from your dealer. I have had excellent dealer service, and even tho i've had a few problems, i have no remorse what so ever. I had 2 possible dealers I could have bought from, I got a bad vibe from 1, and purchased at the other. If I had bought at the "bad vibe" dealer, I would probably be like you and unhappy overall
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:34am
+1  
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:43am
Every time I read about all the warranty problems people have, Pods malfunctioning, uncooperative dealers, etc., it makes me glad I bought an older pod.  We have had very few issues, once the recall on the clearance lights problem was fixed. Most of the work I now do myself and what I can't or don't feel like doing is done by a local RV dealer or the garage where I take our car and truck. I just had the bearings repacked and brakes checked and am ready to head off as soon as the weather permits. Thankfully, the Pod dealer where we had the recall work done was honest and, though they didn't do a very good job with the wiring of the lights, reimbursed us in full for the cost of the local shop fixing the problem.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:54am
It is all in the dealer.  I think it is worth paying a few bucks more and buy from a good one.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 4:12pm
[/QUOTE] Charlie's first law? "There's no such thing as too much garlic".
[/QUOTE]

You need to start a thread on this!
I love it!
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>