Topic ClosedKentucky MiniMIni™ hosts 10th Anniversary Rally

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kentucky MiniMIni™ hosts 10th Anniversary Rally
    Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by AmberKate

Hi There Moosekateers!
Looks like Toots & I WILL be in KY for the rally - site 129!

I'm sending you a message to get your specifics, please reply when possible

Glad to have you with us
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 7:58pm

I know this won't format properly but you'll get a hard copy once you arrive. For now this is our week. 
ALL WEEK LONG
Decorate your Campsite, show your Halloween festiveness and decorate those Pods. Zip up your domes at night and leave the porch light on for tons of giant pumpkins all around camp. A prize will be awarded to the best decorated site.
Pod Tours, Sign up when you pick up your nametags with your Pod model and any intersting mods you've done. We'll keep a master list of all the Pods wishing to participate and Pod Tours will be on a "on your own time" thing. We will check in with everyone at nightly meals if anyone needs help, has questions, wants to group up for a daytrip somewhere, or is looking for a certain Pod to tour. If need be we'll even help introduce you. Check by our site during Office Hours to check out the Pod Tour list!
Meals are BYOU which is bring your own utensils. Show up on our Podluck nights with your dish to share, dinnerware, drinks, and your camp chairs to site #84. This includes the catered dinner night at the Pavillion.
Be responsible with your Adult Beverages during the week. If you don't wave your beer koozie or your red solo cups at the Park Ranger or State Police as they drive through camp everything should be just fine.
Every activity, meal, event, or gathering is 100% optional and up to each of you. There is a lot to see in the local surrounding areas so please feel free to spend your days sightseeing or touring around, or just hanging out around camp with your fellow Podders.

Monday October 8th
10-12 Office Hours, we'll be broadcasting the Swap Shop Show, and hosting anyone else who wants to sell items then can put up a table or something there on the grass area out front of us. This is also your time to stop and register with us, get your nametags, and pick up some items that might be up for grabs, you'll also start participating in some of our prize games that start early by visiting site 84. We will 100% be at our site those hours M-F every day for anything you need. Otherwise you'll have to track us down throughout camp, or at nightly gatherings starting Wednesday.
Nightly Campfire

Tuesday October 9th
10-12am "Office Hours" and "Swap Shop"
Nightly Campfire

Wednesday October 10th
1pm Pumpkin Carving. Carrie and I will be participating on both days so we'll be set up there at site 84 then to carve. Everyone is welcome to join and attend. You will need to source your pumpkins and bring some knives or whatever from your Pod. There is a local pumpkin patch not too far away that you may wish to visit prior and purchase or I'm certain you'll find them available at the local Walmart or other shopping venues. I'm sure we personally will just hit up the Walmart for what they have available. We will have some tealight candles available for anyone who stops by to carve with us so we can light pumpkins at night. Check out Sleepy Hollow Farm for a pumpkin source.
pm Kickoff night join us over at MoosePod for HOT DOG NIGHT. Hot dogs, buns, mustard, ketchup all provided. You may bring an accompanying side or topping to go along with those if you would like.
Once it's Dark Bring your popcorn for MOVIE NIGHT We'll be showing Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nightly Campfire

Thursday October 11th
pm SOUP NIGHT Join us what we hope is a good cool evening for Soups, Stews, Chilis, Stoups, Chowders, Goulash, or any other soup of your choice. Fire up your crockpots and make your favorite one pot wonder to share with everyone.
Nightly Campfire

Friday October 12th
Play for Prizes - We'll begin more of our games that are set up to award our attendees this year with door prizes. Some games will be available just by stopping by site 84, others will require your "optional" participation in some fun activties.
Costume Contest - All Day - Have a Spooktacular time with us by dressing up for our "almost" Halloween festivities. Best Costume will be awared a prize!
8:30am Morning Yoga with Sally
1pm Pumpkin Carving. Carrie and I will be participating on both days so we'll be set up there at site 84 then to carve. Everyone is welcome to join and attend. You will need to source your pumpkins and bring some knives or whatever from your Pod. There is a local pumpkin patch not too far away that you may wish to visit prior and purchase or I'm certain you'll find them available at the local Walmart or other shopping venues. I'm sure we personally will just hit up the Walmart for what they have available. We will have some tealight candles available for anyone who stops by to carve with us so we can light pumpkins at night. Check out Sleepy Hollow Farm for a pumpkin source. 
5pm Catered Dinner at the Pavillion - Head over to the Pavillion that evening for a catered dinner hosted by Forest River. Same "Bring your own utensils" BYOU rules apply.
Soda Swap - During our catered dinner lets show off some of your local "beverages" of choice. This includes soda, wine, beer, spirits, etc. Anything that might be local to where you've traveled from or just one of your favorites. Drop off some "cold" drinks to share with everyone if you want to participate. As we head back to camp that night be sure to take a few of your favorites home with you if you brought some over.
Nightly Campfire

Saturday October 13th
Play for Prizes - If we have anything left game wise we'll continue on Saturday.
12:30pm PENDING Q&A Session with Forest River at site #84. Stop by and ask all the questions you've always wanted answers to.
pm Pancakes and Pajamas - A MiniMini™ long standing tradition, help us celebrate our final night in style. Make all the goodbyes easier by donning your favorite pajamas and wearing them to Breakfast for Dinner. Whip up your favorite breakfast food and make a fun and funny last night with us all. Mimosas are very popular that night usually, we'll have several bottles of Champagne at the ready and some Orange Juice, if you like a bit of drink with your eggs feel free to bring a bottle to share as well.
Nightly Campfire

Sunday October 14th
Dumpstation Tango - Say your goodbyes and look forward to next year, share some last fond memories while we're in line to dump our tanks. Thank you for joining the Kentucky MiniMini™

mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 11:32am
kymooses,

Unfortunately I had to cancel our reservation due to a medical schedule. I reserved site 156 from 10 OCT - 14 OCT, so that site should now be open.

Thanks for all your help.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:05pm
Ouch
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 1:16pm
Sorry to hear that, I hope we'll possibly see you another year.
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:22pm
Furpod,

I was looking forward to making Buck apologize to "Big Red" for being rude in AL:)
Mike Carter
2015 178
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 7:09am
Originally posted by mcarter

Furpod,

I was looking forward to making Buck apologize to "Big Red" for being rude in AL:)

Micah is over it.. LOL.. he is so easy going, like 5 minutes later, he was ready to meet that new dog again.. Big smile

We hope what ever the issue is that had you cancel is minor and routine..

StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 8:37am
+1 on the hope your medical issue is not serious.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 3:43pm
Thanks much to you all. Just a scheduling conflict and the availability of some medical assistance. Very touched you would be so kind.
Mike Carter
2015 178
BrianR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 3:57pm
My wife already posted this on the R-Pod Facebook group a few days ago so it may be taken by now. We had site #106 for October 11th and 12th, and had to cancel so our spot may still be open if anyone wants to try and get them.

Hope everyone has fun...sorry we will miss it.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>