Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upcoming (2018) Facebook Rally list
    Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by GlueGuy

Sorry. I'm not trying to be rude. It's just that I'm not a FB kind of person, and the whole platform tends to just annoy me. I appreciate furpod transferring the information over from the private FB group. 

It's OK.. I understand. It's not for everybody. But it is a good resource, not the same as here. Different. Some parts better, some parts not.. BUT.. either way, if a person is looking to attend a rally, much better odds of finding one there, then here. I don't like it being that way.. but I don't "not like it" enough to be the go between for different platforms, for +25 rallies every year. But I was willing to toss some info out for those who might be interested.

I can only speak for myself but, I see no conflict in cross posting the information here. To the contrary, I am glad you have (and, hopefully, continue to do so). The membership of both is a similar person(s) - Rpod and camping enthusiasts. The two platforms should compliment each other.

Having lived long enough to experience the birth and (later) coming into vogue and (later) we can't live without them, of the "social media", I made a conscious decision early on that I would not indulge. At the time, I decided that I was already spending way too much time interacting with electronic/computing devices. Life should be more than a keyboard or touch screen, or so I espouse. I have yet to be willing to wade deeper into the "interconnected pond" of the likes of Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Technology is a wonderful servant but, I would not want to be enslaved by it.

I don't condone or condemn the social media. I think we must all find our "limits" and strike a healthy balance in life. I think too, that this will be a little different for each. It is not very likely that I will ever get closer to "social media" than this forum.

kymooses View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 11:29am
Hopefully FurPod will see this and edit it in to his original post.

I keep every single Rally updated on the R-Pod Spotter's Calendar, any forum member ever wanting further information about any of them as to contacts and any other details just needs to email me and I will put all appropriate parties in touch.

Very sorry, this information was available in a webpage format previously but the site is currently down for maintenance.  But you can always still access the R-Pod Spotter Calendar which I continually update with each new Rally.

rpod.spotter@gmail.com

Also edited now into my signature here.
SetfreeJoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 7:28pm
Can you please correct the information for the Blackwell Island event it's not in Texas but in Coeur D'Alene Idaho
Mathymatical View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:03am
The Blackwell Island rally you have listed is NOT in TEXAS. It is in Coeur d’alene, Idaho. We don’t want to lose folks who would like to attend. It should be a great rally. Again, it is in IDAHO.
PodVilla AKA Hairy Podder
2013 182G
Boomertype View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:49pm
The Blackwell Island Rally is on May 18-21 at the Blackwell Island RV Resort in Coeur d’Alene Idaho.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 7:14am
Rallies are correct on the Google calendar that I maintain, use that for all of the R-Pod Travel Club Rallies.
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by kymooses

Rallies are correct on the Google calendar that I maintain, use that for all of the R-Pod Travel Club Rallies.

I've been meaning to thank you for this very helpful info, which I check often. So thank you!!!
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Live2Camp

Originally posted by kymooses

I've been meaning to thank you for this very helpful info, which I check often. So thank you!!!

Very welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12