R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedweight distribution/equilizer hitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: weight distribution/equilizer hitch
    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by NAP1947

We don’t pickup our 179 until April but I have invested in an Anderson WDH as it includes sway control, means less weight for an old F—t to handle and very easy hook up and disconnect.  
I am also considering the electronic anti-sway control that Stephen recommended for his very good point that if sway gets going I would probably not have time/presence of mind to use the manual brake activation on the Techonsha brake control.

The Andersen will work great for the R-Pod, and light travel trailers in general.  I used one for a little over a year of R-Pod camping, and it definitely dampens the vertical bounciness "porpoising" from tongue weight.

I also never had sway issues, whether not using any sway control devices, or a friction style sway control, or the Andersen WD system. 

I only bought the Andersen because of the ease of setup (clamp on frame brackets), lighter weight, and ease of connecting (electric tongue jack). It isn't cheap when new.

2017 ATC 7X20 Custom Toy Hauler
2013 R-Pod 177 (SOLD)
2013 VW Touareg TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12