Topic ClosedCrisp RV in Chocowinity, NC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crisp RV in Chocowinity, NC
    Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 10:44am
This is the first time buying any type of RV/Camper.  There are two RV Dealerships on my way home, but neither of them sell Rpods.  There are two RV dealerships about the same distance from me and I chose Crisp RV.  I am very glad that I did.

I found Crisp RV through the Forest River Dealer Locator link.  I went onto their website and talked to one of their sales people on-line though their online chat.  Very useful, since I hate calling people.

Sales: Excellent
Service: Excellent
Parts: Excellent

So far I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Crisp RV and would recommend to anyone that can get out there.  No haggling involved, he came the lowest price off the bat.

If you would like to hear about why I gave them such high remarks, please read the next post.
jon
Very Happy Customer of Crisp RV Center in Chocowinity, NC
'10 R-pod 173T. TV - '03 Honda Pilot
jjbescher View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:07am

I was suppose to go on a Saturday and show up later then they were normally opened.  He was willing to stay late, but we got a nice winter storm and they were closed and I was not able to make it out.  I ended up getting up early on a Monday morning and driving out to look at the pod.  I would have bought it on the spot had my car been able to tow.

Made a plan to pick up the Rpod on Friday.  We showed up at Crisp RV and they start doing work on my car.  They had to install the electronic brakes and tie into the Factory installed 4-pin harness to install the 7-pin plug.

While this was going on they showed me everything about the Rpod.  Everything was going smooth.  We went through the paperwork and bought the needed extras for the Rpod.  Well, even even spent enough that they ended up giving us 10% off our order, plus when buying the Rpod, they gave us a $50 Gift Certificate to buy the majority of the necessary supplies needed.  They did not need to give us the 10% off.  I was going to buy the stuff either way.

Well, it came time to hook up the Rpod to my Honda Pilot.  They hook everything up and realize no lights are lit on the Rpod.  They check everything and no power coming to any of the pins, either on the 4-pin or the 7-pin, other than the Live Wire and break controller.  They do some diagnostics and it seems we are not getting anything from the harness that Honda installed the day before.

They told me I had to go talk to Honda to get it worked out and they would have someone bring the Rpod to my house to show me the rest of the stuff.  So I go to Honda and they run their computers through the system and they are blaming Crisp RV for the way they installed the 7-pin.  I knew this was going to happen.  So I call the Salesperson at Home and talk to him.  He agrees to try to have the mechanic come in on Saturday if I could be there.  I could not get there during the week.

We show up on Saturday and the salesperson offers his truck to us so that we could go get breakfast or just to go somewhere.  I ended talking to the owner and the General Manager and they were all very apologetic about the situation.  I knew they really cared because that seemed to be the only thing that they were worried about the whole time I was there.

They finally figured out that it was the converter that had been installed in the Pilot.  We do not know when it was installed, could have been Thursday or when the car was originally put together.  They replaced the converter box and gave me a converter so I could still have the 4-pin plug if I needed one.

They did not charge me for any of the work they did on Saturday, nor for the converter or the conversion plug.  They even gave me money for the cost of a tank of gas for my having to come back on Saturday.  They also were going to pay for any charges if Honda made me pay anything on Friday.  This is why they definitely got EXCELLENT on their review.  My feeling is that they went Above and Beyond what they had to do.  They fixed a problem that Honda should have diagnosed on Friday night.  They made sure I went home a happy customer no matter what they had to go through.

Any questions, please let me know.

jon

'10 R-pod 173T. TV - '03 Honda Pilot
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:11pm
Sorry you had difficulties with the plug but, WOW!  It sounds like you stumbled across a great Dealer.  Personally, I would be willing to pay a little higher price at a good Dealer, as opposed to a little lower price at a lesser Dealer - it is worth it over the long run IMHO. 

I hope you have many happy journeys in your new Pod. 
 Post Reply Post Reply