Topic Closed3 pods - Event Date: 26 Nov 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 3 pods
    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 6:12pm
We saw three pods over our 1475 mile trip from Lyndonville to Disney World. Two in North Carolina both headed north. One was towed by a red pickup truck. We saw one today heading north above Daytona Beach!
We did see one imposter, a Winnebago drop .
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 6:50pm
We saw two 'Pods today on our return trip from Florida to North Carolina. Both of them were in South Carolina. One was headed southbound near mile marker 70 at about about 11:00 a.m. The second was at a rest stop on the northbound side near mile marker 140 at about 12:50 p.m. If that one belongs to a reader here, you may have heard a couple of horn honks. That was us driving past. We had already passed the entrance before I spotted it or I would have stopped to say hello.

Our return home was a couple of days earlier than originally planned. My wife's father passed away and we needed to get home to repack for a trip up north for the funeral services.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 3:18pm
My local dealer used to keep between 6 - 9 pods on the lot the last 2 years. I drove by the other day, and it looks like pod heaven. There are at leaset 25 - 30 pods on the lot. It is november 27th after all. I'm thinking i'm gonna start seeing them quite often up here in the northeast. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 8:54pm
We saw plenty of camper trailers and motor homes heading down to "son number two" house in SC and back home over the Thanksgiving holiday but no Pods sighted. Disapprove

For the year with all our many miles of travels we only sighted two other Pods but hey 2018 season is coming up so maybe our odds will improve! Smile
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by DavMar

We saw plenty of camper trailers and motor homes heading down to "son number two" house in SC and back home over the Thanksgiving holiday but no Pods sighted. Disapprove

For the year with all our many miles of travels we only sighted two other Pods but hey 2018 season is coming up so maybe our odds will improve! Smile
I was shocked last spring DavMar on my first trip out on memorial weekend. I was parked right next to a blue pod, and there was another blue pod immediately behind us. There were also 2 green pods there also. Then i didnt see another pod until columbus weekend. Ya just never know.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by mjlrpod

I was shocked last spring DavMar on my first trip out on memorial weekend. I was parked right next to a blue pod, and there was another blue pod immediately behind us. There were also 2 green pods there also. Then i didnt see another pod until columbus weekend. Ya just never know.

Yes, mjlrpod, your right its kind of a roll of the dice with seeing on the road or camping with fellow Pod owners. One of the first places we ever camped out of our state was in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia  were we lucky enough to meet a great couple with there Pod from Wisconsin who helped us immensely and am for ever grateful for their tips and wise advice. So I hope this coming season to meet and make many new Pod friends and maybe even pass on a tip or two that we have learned.   
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 5:59pm
When we went west this last June we saw a pod a day at least.  In the Tetons there was a Pod in the next loop in our campground but we never found any one home.  More Pods this year than ever before.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 6:10pm
We're getting more and more of them here in Texas, based on what I've seen on the road and responses to a rally my wife is coordinating.
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 2:21pm
We were the only RPod at our stay a few weeks ago in a State Parks campground on the California coast. But we got LOTS of questions and compliments. One woman with a large RV asked so many questions that it occured to me - too late - she wanted me to invite her to see inside. I would have been happy to do so but it registered too late. I'm not used to camping around others or having people show interest in my truck or tent. Going forward I'll pay better attention to that when we're in campgrounds. We saw 3 RPods in the eastern Sierra Nevada in August and one at Point Reyes National Seashore in June, didn't get to meet any of them but still fun to see. Related, a relative and his wife spent several years living in a professionally restored vintage vehicle. They got pestered to the point of annoyance. I don't think that will happen with our humble RPod even though we love it Smile
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:35pm
On the way home we spotted a newer pod being towed by a dark colored pick up truck southbound on 95 at mm92 around 1:30 pm.
There was quite a steady flow of campers and rv’s headed south , really makes you want to hook onto the pod and head south too!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>