R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedbest r-pod bike rack?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: best r-pod bike rack?
    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 6:52pm
Wondering what other r-podders have found that works well for carrying bicycles.  We took off the spare tire and mounted our Swagman carrier on the back.  it got so much action back there that twice on our trip one of the tire holders came off the bar -- and we couldn't see what was happening.

Has anyone had experience with the carrier that is designed for the r-pod?  It also goes in the back and seem pretty light.

When we were camping, we saw several racks that people had mounted on the tongue. I like the idea of being able to see the bikes as we go down the road, but what about the extra weight on the tongue.  Any thoughts or ideas?
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 8:05pm
I use a tongue mounted stromberg carlson, bike bunk. It is awesome. My bikes barely move as we drive along, even over bumpy terrain. As far as added tongue weight, that depends on your t.v."s rating. I have a 650 pound tongue weight rating, and I am well within that. Tongue weight is helpful to control, as long as you dont exceed your rating.

2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
 Post Reply Post Reply