Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > podders Helping podders - pHp
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think?
    Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 8:42am
I'm trying to come up with a something to signify those who may want to do this "Podders Helping Podders" thing.  I am not at all artistic, however.  Does anybody else have any ideas?
Pie_Pod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:20am
I think it is a great idea...I never saw the post on another forum.  I personally think it is fun meeting people in person that you know from online.

Of course, Pod_Patrol and I met on a forum 6.5 years ago so I have some good experiences with meeting people online....But, I know there is always the concern of being "safe".

Maybe there should be something about needing to be registered for a certain length of time before you are eligible for making the list....Just to be a little safer...We wouldn't want someone that signed up 3 days ago to be put on the PHP list when we don't really know the person....

~Cindy_CP
(Pod_Patrol's girl)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:31am

Maybe there should be something about needing to be registered for a certain length of time before you are eligible for making the list....Just to be a little safer...We wouldn't want someone that signed up 3 days ago to be put on the PHP list when we don't really know the person....

[/QUOTE]
Great idea PP!  I can say that because I was sort of thinking the same thing.Smile
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:44am
Several of us will be at the roundup in June, that should be a good time and place to sign up.  That way we will all have had a chance to meet each other and know that person.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:14am
Good stuff yizit.  But also consider (he types, after a few more sips of coffee) we are volunteering to help and each user may or may not, in a given instance.  For instance - lets say you were comming to Indy for the 500 race.  You choose whether or not to contact me and let me know that you will be in the area.  Then I choose whether or not to give you my contact info. 

sylviablue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 12:09pm
fabulous idea, thanks for working on it!  Wow i'd love to boondock in the catskills or wisconsin dells if I ever make it up that way.  Big smile
four peas
VenturaDi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by David

Good stuff yizit.  But also consider (he types, after a few more sips of coffee) we are volunteering to help and each user may or may not, in a given instance.  For instance - lets say you were coming to Indy for the 500 race.  You choose whether or not to contact me and let me know that you will be in the area.  Then I choose whether or not to give you my contact info.

I agree. It would be up the individual being contacted to respond or not to a request.  I think most of us here would do what we could to help out a fellow podder.    I'm sure we would if anyone was ever in our neck of the woods. Smile

On a side note to Cindy....Tom and I also met online over 20 years ago (remember "Q-Link for the Commodore anyone?!)

Diane
177 owner
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:26pm
First of all, I vote that Terry take the idea and run with it - after all - he admits that he had the idea first, so he should get to have the work (I mean fun) of organizing this. WinkBig smile  The ball apears to be rolling.

It will be interesting, also, to see what Admin comes up with.

I'm already impressed.  You folks are seeing possiblities that I didn't.
yizit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 8:24pm
I agree it should be up to the HOST if they are able to help or accommodate the VISITOR and then share info.  I'm just suggesting that at the roundup, if anyone is interested in doing this, it would be a great place to, let's say sign up.  Taking pictures of people willing to share or help would be good to keep a face with the name.  We can call it the R-Pod Directory Big smile.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 6:53am

Originally posted by yizit

I agree it should be up to the HOST if they are able to help or accommodate the VISITOR and then share info.  I'm just suggesting that at the roundup, if anyone is interested in doing this, it would be a great place to, let's say sign up.  Taking pictures of people willing to share or help would be good to keep a face with the name.  We can call it the R-Pod Directory Big smile.

Good stuff...you're cool Cool  I'm cool Cool  We're all cool!! Cool  The more ideas the better.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>