R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTongue Storage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
devro View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tongue Storage
    Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:50am
My 179 has @ 12 to 14 inches between the gas tank and the front of the trailer, depending on the height of the measurement.
You might be able to get it on the frame rail adjacent to the gas tank, would need to tie it down or stabilize it somehow.  
JIM
NAP1947 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:35am
Our 179 is in storage and not accessible until April and I am planning our initial check list and setup.
We are going to have 2-6 volt golf cart batteries and a storage box for both seems to be very expensive.
I have been browsing ideas for this and found a few cases where folks have purchased or made cases that hold the 2 batteries, cutoff switch, battery charger and some limited extra storage in a vented case behind the propane tank.
I already have a weather proof box that is 20" deep, 18" high and about 36" wide with a lockable lid.
My question that I have not been able to find an answer to is how much room I actually have between the propane tank cover and the front wall of the 179 measured 18" from the top of the tongue frame.
Is anyone able to take a quick measure and see whether there is close to enough space?
ThanksBig smile
Susan and Norm
2016 Venza, V6 factory tow
2018 RP179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12