Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish List?
    Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 4:50pm
My opinion, and not an assumption, Pods are popular because they fit a demand and a niche. Reasonably priced and towable by a wide variety of vehicles. So altogether in your tow vehicle and trailer you don't have a huge investment. Are there limitations? Yes Is it the "gold standard", No. I know when I bought mine I had no dealer and no warranty, and I can't complain for the investment. In reality it's the price of a compact car in the US. I have had issues I had to fix, with the help of this forum and my own perseverance, so far so good. I've spent weeks in it, in all kinds of weather, it keeps tickin'. With maintenance. And I'm not broke fixing it or maintaining it. Can you get a lemon, sure, happens in every assembly line. Altogether for price and what a Pod does, it's good.
Mike Carter
2015 178
2016 Chevy Colorado
2006 Chevy Silverado K1500
1 English Bulldog
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:21pm
We are on our second pod and have been very happy with both! There have been a couple of minor issues all fixed under warranty or by our dealer ( who wanted to keep us happy!) Our longest stay has been 5 weeks and we loved it.
We bought from a dealer that was 35 miles away. Definitely paid more then we would have at couch's BUT the dealer was kept accountable and they fixed any problems we found under warranty and quickly.
Would still buy another one if they come out with a floor plan that I would like.

Leo and Melissa
2015 R-pod 179 prev 2010 171
2017 Ford F-150 Super Cab 5.0
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2010 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic

Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:48pm
Several of you have done a much better job with the message  did not convey effectively.  Thank you.  We went to our first camper show a number of years ago, and saw the high end RVs and were scared away by the price.  Dar saw R Pods on the Today Show, we looked at them and have been podding ever since.  If all of the things that I see folks complaining about on this forum were done the price point would be so high that we would still be camping in the back of a van.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 6:12pm
My thoughts exactly Keith. A few years ago I saw an R-pod down near Half Moon Bay, and I noted the name & looked it up. A year or so later we bought one.

Next step up "could" be an Airstream with an MSRP close to $60,000. Gulp.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost (his)
2010 Toyota Tacoma 4WD crew cab (hers)
adventurelust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote adventurelust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 9:41am
I agree with quality control issues.  I think the manufacturer expects the dealers to do the minor repairs before they sell them to the consumer, but that doesn't always happen.  Mine came with several issues that I was willing to resolve within one weekend, but it shouldn't be that way.  

The purchasing dealer is required to do the repairs if you take it back to them, but if you take it to another dealer they are not obligated to do the repairs. Since my dealer was some 90 miles from my home ( only one I  could find a 182G in stock ) it made more sense to do the repairs myself. 

JMHO
"Eighty percent of success is showing up" Woody Allen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12