This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote henryv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish List?
    Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:02am
I wish that FR would actually read these, and act on them. I wish they would get a quality control department that doesn't accept sub-quality workmanship, and doesn't make the owner take it on himself to re-do much of the cosmetic work. Is that asking too much?
Subzilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Subzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:50am
+1 
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:38am
Are you willing to pay the extra cost for the increased specifications you want?
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
henryv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote henryv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:12pm
I don't want increased specs. Just decent workmanship, that doesn't look like it was done by ten chimpanzines. Sloppy caulking and things that don't fit or work, are unacceptable. I am still working on basic caulking, inside and out, cleaning up sloppy work. I like the basic design of the R-pod, but the workmanship looks like they just grabbed somebody off the street to do it. Very disappointing.
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:06pm
your experience and mine are quite different.  I assume that most pods are more like mine than like yours.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
henryv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote henryv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:16pm
You know what they say about assumptions.
wooleeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote wooleeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:51pm
As a fairly new Podder I was warned about the sometimes inferior materials but I thought that there would have been more pride in workmanship. Love the Pod but the workmanship stinks.  If the quality control department started sending the stuff back and the employees were given reviews on their work, things would be better.
2022 RP-202
2016 RP-179 (Sold 9/2020)
2014 Silverado Crew Cab. 6-1/2' Bed
Golden Retriever (DOB 6/16/2020)
English Bulldog (RIP 6/15/2020)
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:56pm
I am with you Keith-N-Dar.  No problems with ours, maybe due to the fact ours was built January 2011 when they didn't crank out as many as they do now.  Nevertheless, we covered this at the ERU last summer in Traverse City, MI and the consensus was that most pods were done quite well when it came to workmanship and cleanliness.  OR maybe the selling dealer did all the cleanup for me before I took ownership, that is another possibility.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 6:25am
I am so far happy with my pod. Ive had it 1 year, ive taken it out atleast 10 times, with 10 straight days in a row my longest camp. I did have a couple issues at first. My brakes would go from good to almost locking up and causing a skid without warning. My black tank flush line came with several holes in it that someone carelessly hit with a hole saw, that cause my pod to flood a bit the first time i tried to flush it. Luckily i stopped filling it as soon as it appeared the water wasnt coming back out, I got lucky and only ran the water for about a minute. THAT could have been bad. I also had an issue with the hot water tank not igniting on propane, and needed to fix that. With all that said, i would say the quality is so so. But i also have empathy for anyone who has trouble wit theirs. If MY pod sucks, i really dont care if most of them are good, everything should be made good on all of them. As i said, i'm pretty happy with MY pod, and my dealer by the way.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
henryv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote henryv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 12:39pm
Well put mjlrpod. Who knows if most of them are good. Maybe most of them are bad. I don't think a survey has been taken. Or stats established. But from my own personal experience, and hearing others, too much of the workmanship is shoddy, either because the workers don't know what they're doing, are in too big a hurry, or simply don't care. Maybe they're not getting paid enough to have pride in their work. Maybe it's all of the above. And guess where that comes from. The top. Doesn't say much for R-pod.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>