R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMemory foam mattress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memory foam mattress
    Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 5:54pm
Our last TT had 5" cushions and they were great.  We added a 2" memory foam on top and we were very comfy.  I would say it would depend on your comfort level and the density.  If you check on line for foam companies they will give you an idea what is best for certain situations.  If we were to replace our cushions today it would be with the 5" cushions and a medium density.  We do not like a hard bed.  One inch can make a big difference.  If you have a company that sells foam close to you, I would suggest visiting one and they will usually have samples for you to try.  Foam for cushions comes in a few densities (eg...sofa, beds, RV's etc.)
Here is one web site to start at:  (I just typed in "foam")

http:///www.foambymail.com/

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 7:10pm
We just returned from Florida where we rented a beach house- The master bed had a 10 or 12 inch Serta memory foam mattress and it was incredibly comfy- but I'm sure pricey! Not at all hot, in fact I felt like it worked to keep all pressure points evenly distributed without "hot spots". I loved it, but John had a hard time getting out of bed because there was no firm area to push off the side. He said he felt as if the bed "sucked him in".

Not so, however, with the 3 inch Therapedic memory foam topper we have in the Rpod. Combined with our dinette pillows, we both think it is more comfortable than our mattress with a feather bed topper at home. Be careful, though, not to get a regular foam or an "egg crate" foam topper- they attract mold and mildew- horrible especially for people with allergies.

John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
yizit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 7:16pm
Yep, those are the ones that will cause people to sweat.  I have fibromyalgia and I need something that is soft and the memory foam helps me sleep better at night.  

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12