R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShelves - Event Date: 02 Nov 2017 - 02 Nov 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Shelves
    Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:58pm
I wanted to share some pictures on how I made my shelves but this website sort of sucks because you need to be a damn programmer or something to insert pictures.
Anyone know the easy way to do this ?
I have a great way to make the shelves over the bed and table... super solid but I can not show you.
Help ?

js555 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:02pm
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 7:27am
Please let us know!  Thanks!
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:18am
Originally posted by js555

I wanted to share some pictures on how I made my shelves but this website sort of sucks because you need to be a damn programmer or something to insert pictures.
Anyone know the easy way to do this ?
I have a great way to make the shelves over the bed and table... super solid but I can not show you.
Help ?

Two ways to post a picture:
1. Use a photo hosting site that will provide a link. Use the advanced editor (two boxes with arrow pointing up and right) and click on the tree icon. That will open a dialog box into which you can insert the picture's link. This is probably the easier way. One such service is Postimage.org.

2. Set up your home computer to host your own pictures. If you can do this, you will know how to get the proper link. Follow the same instructions as above for inserting the link. This is what I do. The other thing that makes this work is using a dynamic DNS service such as that of DNS Exit (www.dnsexit.com) to deal with the dynamic DNS that most home computers use.

Note: Photos need to be resized in order to be posted. A photo that is 4320x2432 pixles is about 2.4 MB in size. When that is resized to 800x450 pixles, the file size when exported to a .png file is 403.1 kB. I use the freeware GIMP program to view the original file and then export to a PNG image. I could export to a JPG image also if I so choose. I can't post the original file since it is too large. I can post the scaled image. I can't provide an example at the moment since we are not home. However, if you view the latest files in my mods link, the images are self-hosted.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:47am
js,
I use Imgur.com , It's a picture hosting site that will give you a link you can copy, that you can just post into the box that comes up when you click on the picture icon when you are posting a reply or new topic. After I post a picture to my imgur account, I open that picture and it will give me a choice of links. I use the direct link box and at the bottom it lets you chose small, medium or large.

After I click the picture (of a tree) icon in the rpod forum reply (or new topic) page. 
I delete the HTTP in the post link box
and paste the link I copied from imgur, (it has its own HTTP)
I then click the preview box to make sure it worked, and then the ok button at the bottom.
I usually use medium or large depending on what I want.

I know some here don't like imgur because of their terms of use, they are a social networking site and constantly try to get you to have your just posted picture go public. I keep all pictures private and only upload pictures that are not personal (90% forum goofy mods and such) So I don't really care who sees them. But on occasion a few have gone public and really confused the imgur army because I don't name them or describe them, and it's some close up of a piece of wood or something.
rgds John 

SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

Post Reply Post Reply