Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2018 Pacific NW Roundup - Aug. 23-26, 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 Pacific NW Roundup - Aug. 23-26, 2018
    Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 3:38pm
Hi,  I'm wondering if you still have space in the roundup and if the "friends" are bringing trailers other than R-Pods.  I may be able to talk my traveling partner into coming but she has a casita.
HavaPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:44pm
You should call the RV Park ASAP and register.  I believe they may be down to 2 or 3 spaces.  I expect we will have 45 R-pods attending and about 5 other either smaller or larger RVs.  If you are successful in signing up, be sure to email me directly the requested information.

Good luck!
Steve and Peggy Thorndill
HavaPod
2013 R-Pod 177
Tacoma, WA

PugsNPods View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:13pm
Hi — I would like to bring my kayaks as well, they are “touring” type — basic.  I was wondering how you are hauling them.  I have a Ford F-150 2X4 super cab and was considering getting a Yakima rack.  Any suggestions are welcome.  I am looking forward to the round-up — I am a new Rpod owner and want to learn as much as I can from other owners.
Old Surfer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:53pm
Hi there. Welcome the life of R-Poding. We have 2 Hobie Mirage Outbacks. I have an 2008 Toyota Trunda Crewmax Cab. We them on Thule Rack with the Thule Hullavator. I'm 67 so it's great to get them on and off. No back pain. And yes, we will have them with us at the Pacific NW Round-up. The Thule Hullavator are costly but worth it if you are going to put them on top of your cab. The other option is a lumber rack and put them on that. See you in August.
Rick and Melanie
2008 Tundra CrewMax 4-Wheel Drive
2015 R-179
Surfer
OldNeumanntapr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 12:20am
We got reservations for the Cannon Beach rPod Meetup! Yay! Can't wait. We will have our new 180 there, pulled by my 2011 Tacoma V6 PreRunner.
OldNeumanntapr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by seafans

Looking forward to the weekend in Cannon Beach.  We are bringing our kayaks to go for a trip on the Nehalem river south of Cannon beach.  The tides are good for a mid-morning start on the incoming tide.  The Nehalem is a slow running river meandering through the forest.  Always a lot of bird life and other forest creatures.

We have a 16ft two-man Necky (Canadian made) lake kayak that is very stable. Would it be good for the Nehalem River? We usually take it to the Sierras a put out on the small lakes and reservoirs. I'd like to take it with on this August trip to Oregon and this post caught my eye.
HavaPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 4:33pm
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SITES FOR THE 2018 ROUNDUP ARE NOW SOLD OUT.  THERE IS NO WAITING LIST THAT WE CAN MAINTAIN.  IF ANYONE CANCELS, THE RV PARK WILL RESELL TO WHOEVER CONTACTS THEM AT THAT TIME.  
Steve and Peggy Thorndill
HavaPod
2013 R-Pod 177
Tacoma, WA

Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by OldNeumanntapr

Originally posted by seafans

Looking forward to the weekend in Cannon Beach.  We are bringing our kayaks to go for a trip on the Nehalem river south of Cannon beach.  The tides are good for a mid-morning start on the incoming tide.  The Nehalem is a slow running river meandering through the forest.  Always a lot of bird life and other forest creatures.

We have a 16ft two-man Necky (Canadian made) lake kayak that is very stable. Would it be good for the Nehalem River? We usually take it to the Sierras a put out on the small lakes and reservoirs. I'd like to take it with on this August trip to Oregon and this post caught my eye.

Thanks for the info on Nehalem River! I was also just reading this page and found it useful. We may or may not bring our boats depending on how long we have for our road trip as part of this roundup. If we don't bring ours, we'll just rent locally. We have two one-person 17.5ft. sea kayaks that seem like they'd be great for this river, and definitely for other places we'd catch long the way back. I'm betting the 16ft Necky would be great too. Here's the link http://blog.oregonlive.com/terryrichard/2010/02/take_a_nehalem_river_paddle_tr.html

2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
seafans View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:03am
We still are going to bring our kayaks.  Fromm Wheeler up the river small boat are OK.  From Wheeler toward the ocean I would strongly suggest your 17.5 ft.  We have Seawards also build in Canada. 17' and 18'.  See you there.   I will check on the tides/currents and weather closer to the arrival date.
BVK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 2:04pm
This sounds amazing! So bummed that I didn't notice this, sooner. Definitely calling to check for any cancellations.

Thanks for coordinating this :D
2012 RP-171 HRE, 2006 F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>