Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sidejack View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 Pacific NW Roundup - Aug. 23-26, 2018
    Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:17pm
just signed up today (Dec 6th)
don't know what "moved" me to log into the R-pod site; haven't done it for months --
but glad I did.

Looking forward to the event (and the summer calendar is filling up rapidly)

Jack
sidejack
OldNeumanntapr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 8:03pm
Genéte wanted me to add that anyone with further questions can contact her through her website, www.DogE911.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 7:58pm
Hey all,

Thanks to those at the recent NW Meetup who gave us advice to join the Good Sams Club. We stopped at a Camping World outlet in Gilroy, CA, and got our membership. We bought some needed items for our rPod, and while we were there Genéte noticed that Camping World carries a complete line of pet-related seatbelts, car seats, crates, and barriers and things to keep your animals safe while traveling in a vehicle. These were points that she stressed in her pet talk at the Cannon Beach RVResort. She hopes that everyone has safe travels with their animals.

Jeff, Genéte and the Bowen Pack

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by SteveA

Originally posted by OldNeumanntapr

Hey all! Just wanted to say that we had an absolute blast that this year’s NW Rally in Cannon Beach. Really enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing everyone’s rigs. Genéte had a lot of fun and enjoyed teaching fellow podders about pet first aid and disaster planning. Thanks to Steve and Peggy for doing and outstanding job as event organizers. Thanks to Steve and Sandy for showing us a wonderful time kayaking the Nehalem River. Nice to meet Rick and Melanie who live only and hour north of us in central CA. Nice to meet Steve from Sandpoint ID with Abby, a sweet long hair black and tan Doxie!

Feel free to PM me with contact info if anyone wants to get a hold of us. We are heading south now down the Beautiful Oregon coast.

Sincerely,

Jeff & Genéte, Chloe, Gretta, Penny, and Liesel
‘The Bowen Gang’

Jeff, 
Lesley and I very much enjoyed meeting you and the entire Bowen Gang as well! The entire event was fun and for sure worth the drive. I trust all made it home safe and sound, Until next time!!Smile

Hi Steve,

It was great to meet you guys. We are almost home. I’m teaching Genéte to drive the trailer. It was a great two week trip!!!
SteveA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 12:10am
Originally posted by OldNeumanntapr

Hey all! Just wanted to say that we had an absolute blast that this year’s NW Rally in Cannon Beach. Really enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing everyone’s rigs. Genéte had a lot of fun and enjoyed teaching fellow podders about pet first aid and disaster planning. Thanks to Steve and Peggy for doing and outstanding job as event organizers. Thanks to Steve and Sandy for showing us a wonderful time kayaking the Nehalem River. Nice to meet Rick and Melanie who live only and hour north of us in central CA. Nice to meet Steve from Sandpoint ID with Abby, a sweet long hair black and tan Doxie!

Feel free to PM me with contact info if anyone wants to get a hold of us. We are heading south now down the Beautiful Oregon coast.

Sincerely,

Jeff & Genéte, Chloe, Gretta, Penny, and Liesel
‘The Bowen Gang’

Jeff, 
Lesley and I very much enjoyed meeting you and the entire Bowen Gang as well! The entire event was fun and for sure worth the drive. I trust all made it home safe and sound, Until next time!!Smile
2017 179 1/2
Suds' 179 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 6:33pm
Can't thank Steve & Peggy T enough! Barb and I enjoyed meeting so many enthusiastic plodders! Never dreamed we'd leave with so much more than we arrived with. Thanks to all for the friendly reception! 
Steve & Barb
Barb & Steve
2017 R-Pod 179
2017 Toyota Hilander

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:18pm
Forgot to say that we really enjoyed meeting Micheline & Ron, who also have a new 180 like ours. It was fun caravanning up to Cannon Beach on Thursday up hwy 101, and it was really cool to explore the tide pools by the Haystack Rock with you. I will process my macro photos from my D4 when I get home and send some to you.

Genéte is going to help me set up a photo website where we can post pics of the trip to the rPod Forum.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by pauls

Jeff,It was great meeting you, your wife, and the pups.  It was cool to hear the story of how you found the pod at the dealer across from Pismo RV.  We really enjoyed visiting that area this past winter.  
I hope your tow back to CA goes smoothly.Paul, Laura, and Clementine

Paul, it was nice meeting you guys as well. Give Clem a pat on the head for us!
We are now in Newport, getting gas and some provisions. Yesterday we drove up to Astoria and went over the big bridge so I could show Genéte the Columbia River. We went back south over the bridge again and had lunch at the original Pig & Pancake in Seaside. We stopped in Tillamook at the cheese factory and then drove south to Beverly Beach State Park.
It rained the whole way. Genéte was Not happy with the rain and the wet pine needles that infested the inside of the pod and also Liesel’s fur. She is a neat freak and her OCD was spinning out of control!

Now off to Honeyman State Park.

Stay in touch,

The Bowen Pack
pauls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 12:03pm
Jeff,

It was great meeting you, your wife, and the pups.  It was cool to hear the story of how you found the pod at the dealer across from Pismo RV.  We really enjoyed visiting that area this past winter.  

I hope your tow back to CA goes smoothly.

Paul, Laura, and Clementine
BVK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 5:13pm
Can't wait to see the photos that are sure to come from everyone. We certainly plan on making it to next year's roundup. I'll be keeping an eye out for the next reservation notice!
2012 RP-171 HRE, 2006 F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>