R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWF 8955 Converter - Event Date: 14 Apr 2017 - 07 Oct 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: WF 8955 Converter
    Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 6:39am
Thanks ChetC you were right!

The Progressive converter I used (PD4655MBA) was the replacement board that retrofits into the existing WFCO housing, I'll check the fit when I replace it and insure the board can't flex by using some sort of non conductive support media, being cautious not to hinder any cooling properties.

One thing I noticed is the converter in the 180 is positioned in the trailer right above the axle, whereas in other models and brands they are sometimes located in a "softer" ride area.

Thanks
David
Lafayette La
David
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 8:11am
This is very helpful.  We had our converter fail and was replaced.  Now that I think about it, before it failed we drove on the Lake Ontario State Highway in New York State.  The road was empty despite a busy weekend of traffic everywhere else.  There was one section of road that warned of a bumpy section for the next 6 or 8 miles.  It was horrible.  Imagine being on an empty highway only able to do 25 mph due to the road.  It was like a constant rumble strip.  Considering that the WFCO is attached above the axle, I would conclude that it is a FR design flaw and not the converter that is the problem.  Perhaps the  progressive converter is not a better fix since it too can crack under pressure.  Next spring I think I will attempt to remove the converter and reattach it on a rubber base or some equivalent type of floater
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234