R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNo power to one fuse - Event Date: 28 Sep 2017 - 10 Oct 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: No power to one fuse
    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 4:32pm
I have an rpod model,179. I have lost power to one fuse. It is a 15 amp fuse labeled lights and is the fifth from the top. The fuse is not blown and the red light does not come on when the fuss is removed. The lights by the bed and the work light by the tongue do not work. All other circuts are good. Just that one fuse. It is the same with just 12 volt or also with shore power. I checked the bad fuse with a meter and no power. The red lights came on when the other fuses were pulled and the had power.

I added a cutoff switch a year ago (inside battery lid that detaches from negative terminal). I also added two usb ports by bed that I ran directly from battery. These all worked fine on 3 week trip.

The problems started when I replaced the cutoff switch inside the battery box with a switch with a key on the outside of the batery box.

I don't understand electricity but it doesn't make sense that only one fuse would be out and the red indicator light doesn't come on. We are getting ready to head out for a week and any information or thoughts would really be greatly appreciated.   
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 6:56pm
Do you have power at the fuse? That is if you put your meter on the fuses terminals in the fuse box 
do you read voltage. You also said you checked the fuse with a meter but no power, does that mean you did have continuity across the fuse? If you do not have power at the fuse terminals it is probably a wiring issue.
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 7:04pm
Check the wires that are attached to the fuse block. I had one that looked like it was connected, but in reality, all the conductors had broken but the wire was near enough to where it should have been connected to appear like it was. 
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:58pm
If you test it and there is not 12 volts on the hot side of the fuse holder try moving the fuse to a different fuse holder that's not being used and reattach that wire there. Could be a bad solder on the PC board where the fuse holder is attached.
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

Mikefitz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 5:47pm
I want to thank everyone who responded to my post. I was closing up yesterday and ran the ac just to make sure it worked. Lat it go about a minute. When leaving the trailer I noticed the red light for the fuse was on. I put the fuse in and evert hinges worked properly.

If it happens again I know now to check the wireing and connections on the back of the fuse box. Thanks
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 7:49pm
Glad you got it working. 
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply