R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedScrambled TV picture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrambled TV picture
    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 8:57am
What causes the tv to break up. Is it the atmosphere? Also, it doesn't seem to show all the channels picked up by scanning.
Gene and Fonya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:13am
The breaking up or pixelation you are seeing is the result of a marginal digital signal.  Instead of the fading and ghosts we used to see in off the air TV where you could usually follow the content we now get freezing pixels on the Congress mandated digital TV. 
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:45am
Digital TV is great until... it isn't. In the old days with analog TV, you would get snow, and a marginally viewable picture. With digital, it's (mostly) perfect or it's not. If you are in a fringe area, you might get pixelation or nothing. Not very much in between.

We get our TV at home OTA, and we get something like 50 or 60 channels, and for the most part, the picture is always perfect. However, during some atmospheric conditions, the picture might pixelate or disappear altogether.

So the broken picture just means you are in a fringe area or you're having an antenna problem.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:23pm
I believe that the reason you don't get every channel that scanning picked up is not really happening. You might need to move the antennae position to get it. I dont very often watch t.v. camping, but i do recall having to scan, then i would look at the channels it picked up. Some, i would put on would not show anything till i moved the antennae position as i was watching that channel. I guess it can pick it up in scan mode, but cant play it without an adjustment? 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by mjlrpod

I guess it can pick it up in scan mode, but cant play it without an adjustment? 
That is absolutely true. We have a half dozen channels that show up in the scan that will not "lock in" when we attempt to view them. The bottom line is that the threshold to show in the scan is lower than the threshold to actually view. OTOH, there are sometimes atmospheric conditions that will allow us to view these marginal channels.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 1:26pm
I thought my antennae was fixed. Can it be adjusted? How, besides moving the camper??
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by henryv

I thought my antennae was fixed. Can it be adjusted? How, besides moving the camper??

Well, i dont know exactly what your Antennae setup is, but i have a King antennae. It has a small handle on the ceiling of the pod, and if you turn it, it turns the antennae.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
 Post Reply Post Reply