R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTV hitting the wall ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV hitting the wall ??
    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:14pm
Thank you everyone for the comments and the advice. I am hopeful that when I am NOT talking to the sales guy tomorrow I will have more success. My opinion of him should not be discussed in an open forum....

Fred, I love that removable mount idea. I hope you don't mind if I attempt to copy that for my own use. I also think that supporting a (5-10 lb ??) TV by a few screws going into plywood, whilst driving down sometimes very rough roads will likely not work out well. I know it gets wrapped with a velcro strap but still....

Thanks again everyone. I'll post a follow up this weekend with how things turned at the dealer.
Ron and Julie
2018 R-Pod 179 HRE
1997 Chev Astro Van AWD
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:27pm
Ron, trust me in saying it's not a good idea to have a TV hanging on RV wall while bouncing down the road. Please feel free to improve on my idea. I like the Wundermount cuz I can easily move it to my basement shop to watch a football game while working on my next mod!

2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
rcluster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:09am
Things ended up good at the dealer on Friday.
First, the salesperson was on vacation so I didn't have to deal with him at all.
The parts manager did the orientation and the service manager, who I had met previously, came out to ask about the TV mount. Once I explained to him what the problem was and how to fix it, there was no issue. He had a guy out there and it was done in a half hour or less. Take the TV off the mount, take the mount off the wall, into the shop to drill 4 small holes, reassemble. No big deal.

All the other things on my fix list had already been done so we were good to go.

R-Pod is sitting in the driveway where I'm going through everything before our first outing. Have already found several things that were poorly done at the factory. Nothing too critical but could have caused problems down the road.

Anyway, the first hurdle is done. Now lets go camping!
Ron and Julie
2018 R-Pod 179 HRE
1997 Chev Astro Van AWD
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by fwunder

Ron, trust me in saying it's not a good idea to have a TV hanging on RV wall while bouncing down the road. Please feel free to improve on my idea. I like the Wundermount cuz I can easily move it to my basement shop to watch a football game while working on my next mod!

I think that depends on where the TV is mounted. On our 179, the TV is at the front, which is the smoothest riding place. If the TV were at the back, that would be the place which experiences the greatest amount of bouncing. We have made a number of trips, and the TV is just as secure now as when we purchased our 179.

That being said, the ability to move the TV to different locations if needed is good. Your Wundermount looks really nice. When I was at the R-Pod/Surveyor factory this spring, I saw that the garage models are getting a TV in the garage. I hope the mount they are using there is very sturdy, because that location will get some serious bouncing.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:40am
The TV in our pod has a strap that secures it to the wall very firmly. So part of our travel preparations checklist is to secure the TV.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Sally Blue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:31am
We have a 2017 179. The TV also rubs the wall when it is secured for travel. This is so irritating. The wall board is now rubbed raw and this cannot be good for the TV? Anybody have a fix?
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:38am
Redrill the bracket that attaches to the back of the TV and slightly slide the TV over. We discovered this at our dealer walk-through. The tech fixed it although I had to help him...he wanted to drill the holes going the wrong way.
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 7:14am
Ditto! Same fix  
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150