R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDeep Charge to Batteries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deep Charge to Batteries
    Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 4:51pm
Like a never ending discussion. I have done both, traveled on battery and on propane, I'll continue to do so. I ensure my TV can do it and I know the propane option exists. End of the day do what you feel comfortable with, if it's not working change it. I don't forget I am on battery or propane. When I arrive I set up for success.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:17pm
We tow with the frig on propane too with absolutely no problems. If my tow vehicle did have dual batteries I would most like run the frig on DC from the vehicle batteries. There is always the chance when running your frig on the tow vehicle that has just one battery of coming back to a warm frig and dead TV battery. All you have to do is stop the TV engine for any length of time for what ever reason and maybe vehicle battery is marginal then chances are good you just may come back to a warm frig from a dead battery in tow vehicle.
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by DavMar

There is always the chance when running your frig on the tow vehicle that has just one battery of coming back to a warm frig and dead TV battery. All you have to do is stop the TV engine for any length of time for what ever reason and maybe vehicle battery is marginal then chances are good you just may come back to a warm frig from a dead battery in tow vehicle.
Like I said, it probably depends on the TV. Our TV disconnects the 12V 30 seconds or so after turning the engine off. So there's no danger of discharging the TV battery.

As per usual, YMMV.

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:29pm
I use battery option when towing. I switch to propane before i unhitch. after a weekend boon docking My battery was very low, and i was getting ready to go home, so i hooked up, and put fridge on battery. I wasnt sure if it would run due to the battery already being low. But it worked fine. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12