R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRpod slide-out not retracting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod slide-out not retracting
    Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 2:46pm
Somewhere on this forum (can't find it now) I found a discussion on the how to retract the slide manually when it won't retract.  I've watched the videos on youtube (none were done on the Rpod) and I printed out the PDF troubleshooting guide:
http://www.rpod-owners.com/uploads/598/Schwintek_Manual_Override_Instructions.pdf

I found the controller under the sink but I can not find those motors so you can manually disconnect them like shown in the videos and in this guide.  ON my 176 there is no way you can get to the slide vertical side inside the pod on the right side at all.  It's right up against the pantry, and on the left side there is no rubber to pull out to get to a motor, same goes for the outside by the seals.  I don't see any motors out there either.  Could someone post the pictures of their motors (don't use photobucket or they will only show up on your browser, not for anyone else...a lesson I learned yesterday) so we can see where they are located on the newer models without any manual crank to crank the slide back in?
2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
Old & out-to-play View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 3:37pm
Looks like you have a new Pod, 2018.  Best bet is to call the dealer as everything is under warranty.  Have him troubleshoot the issue as you really do not want to void the warranty by possibly creating additional issues...just a thought.
Old and in the way so now it's time to play
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 3:43pm
Here is a video link for Schwintek manual slide retraction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqbvwCJpNU
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
spydie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Old & out-to-play

Looks like you have a new Pod, 2018.  Best bet is to call the dealer as everything is under warranty.  Have him troubleshoot the issue as you really do not want to void the warranty by possibly creating additional issues...just a thought.

I'm sorry, I didn't make that clear.  I want to know how to do it IN CASE my quit working.  they are working fine right now.
2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
spydie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by ronahue

Here is a video link for Schwintek manual slide retraction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqbvwCJpNU

Yep, that's another video I was referring to.  It's not an Rpod and there's absolutely NO WAY you can get at the right side of the slide inside the pod in a 176.  It's too tight against the pantry.  You can barely get your hand in there and there is no molding I can "pull down." I found one of the motors (I assume there are two but I have no idea where the second one is... do they put both on one side?  are the both at the top one on each side? do they put one on the top left and one on the bottom right?).  The motor I found is on the top left.  

1.  There is no molding you can slide down on the outside to access the motor lock.  You'd actually have to remove the rubber gasket (and then just try to get it back on)

2. inside you can slide down the rubber seal to see the motor BUT ONLY IF THE SLIDE IS PART WAY IN!  There is absolutely no way to get at the motor if the slide is stuck in the "out" position (pictures attached).  If there's a motor on the right side, it's way too tight to work in there and I can't find the second motor anywhere without actually removing a lot of rubber gasket, which I'm not inclined to do since it looks like a real bastard to get it re-attached.

2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
 Post Reply Post Reply