R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Cook'n With Gas > Microwave and convection oven
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedConvection oven tempo issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convection oven tempo issue
    Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:27pm
Hi all,
I would love to hear if anyone has a temperature issue with their new convection microwave oven.
We tried to bake in the oven and when we thought it should be done, if was only half baked ( no pun intended). So, I tested the temperature setting by putting a oven thermometer inside the oven and setting a temp. to 350.  The temp. Difference was almost 100 degrees.  In order to get 325, I have to set it over 400.  mmm. I'm hoping that calibrating might be easy but got no response from manufacturer.
If I'm the only one that has this issue, then maybe another oven might be the easiest. Our Rpod is only 4 months old so if I can't fix it easily I will ask for a replacement...
Thanks in advance for any comments..
Steve

Firefighter Steve (retired)
2017.5 Rpod 179 (Reepod)
2016 Highlander AWD w/tow pkg.
E2 wdh, prodigy RF brake controller.
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 6:57am
I can only report my experience.

Our oven is HOT! 
I love it, but have to decrease both the temp and time and watch it like a HAWK! Before I learned better, when I turned my back for a moment and went outside, I soon noticed a brown cloud coming out of our r-pod. The difference between 'done' and 'incinerated' is literally a matter of a couple of minutes!

I suggest you get a different oven.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Steve 911

Hi all,
I would love to hear if anyone has a temperature issue with their new convection microwave oven.
We tried to bake in the oven and when we thought it should be done, if was only half baked ( no pun intended). So, I tested the temperature setting by putting a oven thermometer inside the oven and setting a temp. to 350.  The temp. Difference was almost 100 degrees.  In order to get 325, I have to set it over 400.  mmm. I'm hoping that calibrating might be easy but got no response from manufacturer.
If I'm the only one that has this issue, then maybe another oven might be the easiest. Our Rpod is only 4 months old so if I can't fix it easily I will ask for a replacement...
Thanks in advance for any comments..
Steve

Hello Steve,
We are on our third oven. The first failed with symptoms of not being able to hear the end of cooking sound. I could also not run it on the generator. The microwave would reset when the magnetron kicked in.
The second was working well, but when it went to the factory for repairs after our accident in December, they said it failed the HIPOT test, so they replaced it.
The third one has been working well I tested it with bisquits for the convection side, and it works well with our generator (Generac iX2000). I did not test the oven temperature. I do use the rack that came with the oven when baking. When you were baking, were you using the rack or did you have the item you were baking on the rack or on the glass plate?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Steve 911 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 8:44pm
Thanks for your comments.  Sounds like I will live with it or replace it.   Don't use it much anyway, but sure is a waste of money for something so unreliable...it was in the Rpod when we bought it new.
Happy trails.
Firefighter Steve (retired)
2017.5 Rpod 179 (Reepod)
2016 Highlander AWD w/tow pkg.
E2 wdh, prodigy RF brake controller.
 Post Reply Post Reply