R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 R177 slide out seal - Event Date: 21 Jul 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2013 R177 slide out seal
    Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:09pm
We have a 2013 R177 and last time out when cleaning it up I noticed when the slideout was IN that the rubber seal where the slideout meets the pod the rubber seal was not in place it was below the slideout just hanging. We plugged it the power source and when we had the slideout out it looked like it came off the track and would not pop back on so we took it off completely and slid the entire piece of rubber seal back on the track. However, when we put the slidout back IN it did seal but looks like it is off track again; it is not even.   I think when we use it again which is next weekend and the slideout goes back OUT the rubber seal will be hanging again I think it is getting pulled off the track when the slideout goes "OUT" Question is does this seal need to be lubricated? We have had the POD a year and maybe the maintenance was not done by previous owners or does it need to be replaced? Thanks for any input I would like to get it fixed when we have it out again next weekend for a week.
2013 R-177
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 2:53pm
The slide out seals are rubber and with age can become brittle and tear.  Our dealer said that we should maintain it by using slide out rubber seal conditioner.  Camco sells a foam type, spray on and spread with a cloth.  We have noticed that even on our new 180 the seal would stick on some spots and not make a tight seal thus water could come in.  Once we applied the conditioner it not longer stuck.  So maybe you just need to condition the rubber and it will be fine
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:49pm
tanya1:  same camper, same issue.  mine only comes off in the middle, by the slide gears.  i always just try to snap/place in place prior to bringing in slide.  i have re-slid it on a couple of times, but it still happens in this spot.  when slide is in, you can see a little bit of gasket below the slide(and i mean just a little).  i lube all the time.  been doing this for 4 plus years, no water.  im sure it needs a new bracket for the gasket, just haven't done it.  just my experience.  hope this helps a little.  hogone 
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Tanya1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 11:02am
Thanks everyone! I will buy some conditioner and try it. I pass Camping World on they way over to where my daughter is taking our camper Thursday so I will stop and get some.
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 2:59pm
I don't use anything fancy, just spray silicone. I use it all over the place on seals/gaskets/rubber/etc. hogone
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Tanya1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:11am
I guess I can pickup some spray silicone at Walmart. Since my husband is out of town I just want to make sure I get the right kind. Pod will be setup this afternoon so I will look at it again.
 Post Reply Post Reply