FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedConsidering first RV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Considering first RV
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 8:01am
Hi all, 
My wife and I are 61. We live in the White Mountains of NH, and we retired 2 years ago. We also have a 40lb rescue dog, Gusto. We have talked about possibly buying a small RV and going out to see the national parks. In my research, I came across the R-pod and then this forum and I am intrigued. 

I am pretty handy with tools and repairs so maintenance shouldn't be an issue. We had already decided to buy a new f-150 so the tow vehicle shouldn't be an issue. There is a dealer about an hour away from here and we plan to go and see some r-pods. Before actually looking at them, I am leaning towards the 179 or 180.

As a newbie to camping/RVing I have tons of questions. I have been reading quite a bit on this great forum
Is there any sight you might suggest with info for the first time RVer?

Thanks.
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:20am
Hi,

We just finished a year's worth of research and "humming and hawwing" over what to do and ended up being drawn to the Rpods time and again, so we pulled the trigger and bought new.  Our requirements were full size bed that didnt need to be converted every morning, room primarily for the two of us but a couple of kids or grandkids if we wanted to, headroom to accommodate my 6'2" height without smacking my head, the desire to stay dry (as opposed to our 20y.o. tent trailer!), and it had to be reasonably light weight (2500-3000lbs).  We ended up going with a RP178 and so far we have not been disappointed.

Looking forward to getting used to it and then (maybe) trying a few mods that people have posted.... once the hesitation wears off! :-)

K&S
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
NHpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:57am
Thanks K&S. I guess I am in the "humming and hawwing" stage as well :-)  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by NHpod

Is there any sight you might suggest with info for the first time RVer?
Thanks.

Yes there is: Great RV Web site

We have some of the most intelligent/experienced/friendly folks on the web, right here! Just post any question you may have and you'll likely get several replies, quickly.
M&M View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:56pm
My wife and I purchased a 179 last August and we couldn't be happier. There was a bit of a learning curve for us (having never done any camping/RVing before). We've already been out a half dozen times including a 2400 mile trip in April. Best decision that we've made in a long time!

2017 179 "Big Sexy"
2012 Honda Pilot
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 4:13pm
Welcome to the group!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
ParPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:05pm
As David has so nicely pointed out....yes there is a great site....this one!  We got our 179 last summer and couldn't be happier.  It has turned out to be a great unit that comes complete with a site such as this to help out with all kinds of things.  We just finished towing it on our first long distance trip to attend a FROG rally.....and there were about 10 or so Podders there.  We had a great time talking all things Pod and we even had a Pod Open House where everyone went on a walkaround and veiwed everyone elses Pod.  Saw some great mods.............
Go Pod! and welcome to the group.
Bob&Margaret
2017 179
2016 Toyota 4Runner
2 sets of Golf Clubs
YODT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:17pm
We rented one last summer to make sure we'd like it and the answer was YES.  So recently bought the 179 and just got back from our first trip, can't wait for the next one.  And this forum is tremendously helpful, don't know what I'd do without it!
 Post Reply Post Reply