R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInstallation of rear camera - Event Date: 24 Jun 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rawest50 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Installation of rear camera
    Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:45pm
I purchased a wireless battery operated camera with monitor. Expensive but works like a charm. Mounted it with exterior strength Velcro. When not on my RV I mount it on my Jeep.
2017.5 RPod 179
2017 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Off Road Crew Cab
2 Weiner dogs
Great wife puts up with my BS
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
VermontPodder View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 8:36pm
I have searched the forums for anyone who has installed a rear camera but found very little information. I have a wireless rear camera and monitor so I want to install it o the back of my new 179 Pod. I was going to try to attach it to the rear spoiler and thought that I could tap into the running lights. I am trying to avoid drilling any holes in the shell of my pod and did not want to take the spoiler off either.

Has anyone mounted the rear camera to the spoiler? And did you tap into the running lights? Does the light pull out of the spoiler or will I have to take the spoiler off and then reseal it?

I did see an example of one owner (sorry I forgot who it was) who fabricated a mount on a post using the rear receiver and intially thought that would work. I found my running lights are routed inside the camper and not underneath - so I would have to run 12v out to power the camera.There is no wires underneath I could use on the new 179.

My wife and I use two way walkie talkies when backing into a camping spot but I would like to use the camera while on the road and in parking lots when I am alone.

What has everyone else done?

There is a lot of great information on this forum and hope someone can help answer my questions.

Thanks
2018 Model 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456